Mason Crane is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Crane is a joke

7 years in and he's already got 667 test wickets in just 87 matches. Hopefully this is an indication to how his England career will go irl! He's even scored a couple centuries batting at number 10. Only downside is he goes for a lot of runs but that's not an issue when he takes nearly 8 wickets a match

Bloody hell, im in 2023 ATM and hardly given him a go, just found a good regen spinner so might get him bowling in tandem!

Comment

I'm thinking of starting again with a load of youngsters and try to get them all to the top of the leaderboards. Not sure who to use though. I'll keep Root and Woakes because they're my favourite players. Sam Curran and Mason Crane should hopefully be my standout bowlers. Not sure on which batsmen to use yet or whether I want to play Test or ODI with them

Comment

Cranes avg isnt the greatest due to his economy rating, but if you look at his strike rate its better than every current test bowler that has at least 200 wickets other than Steyn and Waqar Younis.

As for starting new save, batmans you could use are Hameed, Duckett, Joe Clarke, Livingstone and Dan Lawrence.

Comment

Those are amazing numbers. He's got good potential, hopefully he'll playing against West Indies, possibly at Lord's?

Comment

Yeah he could play at Lord's when there's nothing at stake but can't see who would come out for him. Anderson Broad and Stokes will never get dropped. Ali can bat and Woakes is waiting to take Roland-Jones' place when he loses form. Could only see Crane playing if Ali is dropped and Woakes is playing as an All-Rounder

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post
              Cranes avg isnt the greatest due to his economy rating, but if you look at his strike rate its better than every current test bowler that has at least 200 wickets other than Steyn and Waqar Younis.

As for starting new save, batmans you could use are Hameed, Duckett, Joe Clarke, Livingstone and Dan Lawrence.
              Dan Lawrence is a superb shout for a record breaking batsman, I'm only in the second season as England Test captain but he's already embedded in my team and has a couple of centuries to his name, including an unbeaten 147 in the Ashes down under!

Funnily enough I'd just given Crane his debut before seeing this, and although he's only played twice under me so far, he's taken 12 wickets and been given some tap as well. I can only hope he racks up as many wickets as the OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Baldwin View Post

Dan Lawrence is a superb shout for a record breaking batsman, I'm only in the second season as England Test captain but he's already embedded in my team and has a couple of centuries to his name, including an unbeaten 147 in the Ashes down under!

Funnily enough I'd just given Crane his debut before seeing this, and although he's only played twice under me so far, he's taken 12 wickets and been given some tap as well. I can only hope he racks up as many wickets as the OP!
                Wouldn't get over excited with Lawrence, better options will soon replace him! As far as Crane goes I've tried him out in 2025-2027 and just can't get used to having him play, takes so much tap and it frustrates me haha especially if he has a bad game, can see why others would use him though!

Comment

I'd back Dan Lawrence, and Liam Livingstone as well - both extremely good
                  Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by Niall View Post
                    7 years in and he's already got 667 test wickets in just 87 matches. Hopefully this is an indication to how his England career will go irl! He's even scored a couple centuries batting at number 10. Only downside is he goes for a lot of runs but that's not an issue when he takes nearly 8 wickets a match
                    Wow! Crane took four wickets in four balls on debut for me when India were slogging at the end of a T20I but tends to be pretty expensive in limited overs. I'm only in 2019 though and have Leach doing well in Tests and Rayner performing a job in ODIs. Blooded Qadri in Tests as well but Crane's time will come.

Sam Northeast is a good shout in ODIs and Archer's bagged me a few Test five-fors. For a left-field selection, Luke Fletcher's never let me down in ODIs.

Comment

Far too expensive for me. That economy rate means suggests will be loads of times he is going for 7 an over in tests and that will cost you loads of games if you're only playing 4 bowlers. The average isn't great really. I'd take those kind of stats for a seamer who might bowl 12-15 overs in an innings but if you're relying on a slow bowler to get through a lot of overs then him getting carted around at that kind of rate will cost you plenty of games. The computer just aimlessly bowls spinners all day if they're getting slapped or not though usually

Comment

Originally posted by jk54321 View Post
                        Far too expensive for me. That economy rate means suggests will be loads of times he is going for 7 an over in tests and that will cost you loads of games if you're only playing 4 bowlers. The average isn't great really. I'd take those kind of stats for a seamer who might bowl 12-15 overs in an innings but if you're relying on a slow bowler to get through a lot of overs then him getting carted around at that kind of rate will cost you plenty of games. The computer just aimlessly bowls spinners all day if they're getting slapped or not though usually
                        Isn't the whole point in Test cricket to take 20 wickets to win matches. I couldn't care less if all my bowlers went for 7 an over as long as they take wickets quickly enough for me to win games. S-R is way more important than Average in Test Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Niall View Post

Isn't the whole point in Test cricket to take 20 wickets to win matches. I couldn't care less if all my bowlers went for 7 an over as long as they take wickets quickly enough for me to win games. S-R is way more important than Average in Test Cricket

Have to disagree, the average is everything as ultimately that is how many you need to get to win. My spinners who average about 2.7 per over economy and 22-23 average but have a strike rate closer to 50 are far preferable to me. They completely control every game I play unless they've ended up out of form. I never, ever run out of time bowling them out unless there is bad weather

Comment

How do you bowl with Crane? Very aggressive? I take it you don't captain Hampshire. Remarkable that he doesn't have a single 10 for that wasn't in a test match when he's played over 100 non test FC matches!

Comment

Has Crane reached 1000 wickets yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X