Coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching

I have recently returned to Cricket captain after a good few years in the wilderness after playing it religiously since it first came out. I’ve never got my head totally around the coaching element.
    I’ve had a good scan around various forums and there is nothing out there that offers the right way 100% success way of doing it. This is fine, as obviously it would be boring to know exactly how to develop youngsters.

I was wondering if I could throw my logic into the arena to see if there are any obvious flaws in it.
    These ideas come from many years ago, so things may have moved on.

I generally like to give my younger players coaching practice first until it reaches somewhere near 100% before switching them onto Technique training and then wait for the batting practice to reduce to somewhere near 20% and put them back on Practice again. This trend continues throughout the season. My rationale being that it helps the effectiveness of the technique training. I’ve no idea whether this is a sound way of doing it but I’ve found batting practice doesn’t have a great deal of impact on players out of form, and instead I stick them into 2nd XI games to raise their form.

The type of Technique training really depends on the player and common sense. Fielding training is new to me and has made me question my training approach as there is no way to apply my batting /bowling training method to fielding.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated
Working...
X