Need advice/guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice/guidance

Played CC on iOS for a few years now but only occasionally, I'm not a religious player. The reason I stop playing is because I struggle for any consistency within the game. 9/10 I can't bowl sides out and can't hit decent totals despite playing with the best teams in the game against the worst.

ill get hammered playing as the best team and then play with a lesser team and hammer one of the better teams.

my main issue being when playing FC I lose my openers immediately and rarely have any big innings' and the aggression is often at 2/3. When bowling I try everything yet struggle to pick up key wickets, I may start well and then 7/8 will come in and put 200 on against me.

At at the end of the season when you receive the stats for the league and your team I'm always miles off the top wicket takers and run scorers by 3/400 runs and about 30/40 wickets.

ive read the rough format guide from 2016 and tried everything in there yet still struggle, just wondering if anyone can offer me advice or the sort of team I should look to build.

Hi,

Who are you playing as? What's your normal first XI?

In terms of taking wickets, I like to use my overseas players for bowling duties, I find they have a bigger impact than good quality batsmen. Don't forget to sign the reserve as well, because they're free and you can guarantee a good wicket taking option for most of the season.

Batting in FC, I will go up to 4 bars when the batsmen are fully set, just helps to keep time on your side. Openers are vital (well, the whole XI is), there are some decent players about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Hi,

Who are you playing as? What's your normal first XI?

In terms of taking wickets, I like to use my overseas players for bowling duties, I find they have a bigger impact than good quality batsmen. Don't forget to sign the reserve as well, because they're free and you can guarantee a good wicket taking option for most of the season.

Batting in FC, I will go up to 4 bars when the batsmen are fully set, just helps to keep time on your side. Openers are vital (well, the whole XI is), there are some decent players about.
      I've played as Yorkshire, England, Notts, Lancashire and with every side I have the exact same outcome. I have two openers and then 4 batsmen 1 all rounder and 4 bowlers. I always ensure my O'seas is a bowler but I still struggle to take wickets, even with the likes of Broad, Jake Ball, Jimmy Anderson etc. No matter which team I use the results are always the same and I'm yet to come close to a title.

Comment

Also worth mentioning, even when I sim an entire match with the likes of Yorkshire and Lancashire I finish bottom every time? Is it my team selection? Am I training my players wrong I literally have no clue..

Comment

I'm much the same as Sureshot, I've gone overseas bowler in each of my 3 seasons with Notts so far - Pattinson, Morkel and currently Steyn. Top notch RF/LF bowlers are hard to find imo, and are extremely useful in cloudier games. Certainly with Notts, I've kept Mullaney around as well - I find that having a medium pacer that's able to turn their arms over if I get stuck can break a partnership for me. Patel usually acts as my spinner as I aim for a seaming pitch, but I have Mason Crane in reserve if it's going to turn.

In terms of line/length etc, I'll never bowl legside. I'll bowl offside if it's a weakness, and then I'll try and vary the length if the batsman is starting to get settled, pushing the field out as necessary as well.

Batting wise, I like to start with an aggressive batsman (Mullaney/Duckett) and a more defensive one (regen/Libby). It gives me the freedom to play with my run scoring a bit, and I can change the batting order based on the scoreline - i.e more defensive batsman in the face of a collapse etc. Won't ever go above 3 bars for batting unless I'm trying to set a target, I find aggressive players can still score plenty quick enough.
          Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Try bowling to batsman's weaknesses, setting fielders according to how settled the batsman is, variation of around/over wicket to set batsmen, going to "bowl ball" every so often not just "play over" and setting a batsmen up.... 3 short ones then a yorker... 3 outside off then 1 at his pads.... a short period of short steven finn bowling.....

Equally when you're batting look at who you're facing, "unlink" the aggression and adjust it depending on the bowler/field. If a spinner is bowling and your batsmen is strong against spin tweak up the aggression to high and push them back, then knock it around a bit. Give a settled batsman more of the strike... lower aggression in the run up to an interval. Start every session with low aggression and build up gradually. That sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
            X