Allow us to edit player skills to a certain degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow us to edit player skills to a certain degree

The lack of this feature is the reason I never play more than a month or two after the release of each version of this game. In real life, unexpected players suddenly shine and become regulars for certain teams and other players regress, etc and the game can't account for this. This breaks the immersion for me playing Cricket Captain, especially because I mainly play career modes of teams I support and within a couple of months the in game players in these teams are quite different to the real life players.

I'm not asking to be allowed to see the exact skills of players, but to generally be able to improve (or decrease) certain aspects of players, similar to how training a player improves their skills. Your guy's argument has pretty much been that to allow editing players would mean we would know the skills of players and that ruins the ability for us to play the game and figure out who is and who isn't cut out for competitive cricket. But my request won't hinder that aspect of the game at all. We would just be able to apply the effect certain training has on players and have the effect of the training be applied immediately if we wanted. So please, consider having this as a feature. It really would improve the enjoyment I, and I would assume many others, can potentially get from this game.

I agree with this in principle, and I do also wish you could rename players and create the very basic stats (batting style, bowling style, aggression). I agree with the devs though that revealing all the stats would ruin things a bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
      The lack of this feature is the reason I never play more than a month or two after the release of each version of this game. In real life, unexpected players suddenly shine and become regulars for certain teams and other players regress, etc and the game can't account for this. This breaks the immersion for me playing Cricket Captain, especially because I mainly play career modes of teams I support and within a couple of months the in game players in these teams are quite different to the real life players.

I'm not asking to be allowed to see the exact skills of players, but to generally be able to improve (or decrease) certain aspects of players, similar to how training a player improves their skills. Your guy's argument has pretty much been that to allow editing players would mean we would know the skills of players and that ruins the ability for us to play the game and figure out who is and who isn't cut out for competitive cricket. But my request won't hinder that aspect of the game at all. We would just be able to apply the effect certain training has on players and have the effect of the training be applied immediately if we wanted. So please, consider having this as a feature. It really would improve the enjoyment I, and I would assume many others, can potentially get from this game.
      Been crying out for this feature since 2008. Having played the game extensively for more than a decade you can literally tell just after 1 FC season ( seeing FC and 2nd team avgs) whether particular player can make it to the national side and exactly how much success he can have there. There is no unpredictable player development and regression and hence it get boring pretty fast.
      Last edited by muhammad saad; 11-29-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X