Who is the better wicket keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the better wicket keeper?

One thing I do love about this game is the removal of an "overall" rating and actual attributes to say one guy is better than another, much like in real life.

Are there any metrics I can go by to see who is the better wicket keeper between two players? I have de Kock as my overseas player but also have Niall O'Brien as my other option at keeper. O'Brien has been doing well in the 2nds and I'm happy to put him in to bat at 6/7/8 type deal, but should I give him the gloves as well? Is there any way to see/decide which one of the two would be a better choice behind the stumps?

I've now gone with Jason Roy behind the stumps as O'Brien and De Kock have both gone to the T20 World Cup. Not noticed any drop off lol

Comment

I think the only criteria one can use to differentiate between keepers is the Catches Per Match (cpm) stats - unless you keep track of byes conceded etc yourself....

Comment

Roy gave up 34 byes in an inning, perhaps he's not the best lol

Is there a way to see if a free agent is still being picked by the National Team? I had no idea O'Brien was still in the Ireland fold or I'd have picked up a 3rd keeper

Comment

Warwickshire played porterfield as keeper and he conceded 60+ byes. Extras scored over 70 and narrowly second top scored in a innings of 320

Comment

Every time I use Bairstow at keeper he drops a lot of catches (not completely unlike his drop from the Pakistan series, ha!), to the point where I always wanted to keep him in my Yorkshire team but he was commanding too much money, was a rubbish keeper and only averaged about 30 odd so I couldn't justify him as a batsmen only.

Comment

There is an old trick I used on previous games to find out wicketkeeping ability... but are you sure it won't spoil your fun to know this piece of info?

Comment

Originally posted by fisch View Post
                There is an old trick I used on previous games to find out wicketkeeping ability... but are you sure it won't spoil your fun to know this piece of info?
                Go on...

I always went of CPM and also what I see from the game itself regarding dropped catches

Comment

Working...
                X