Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain Update 16.08 released on Steam, Android, iOS and Mac.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain Update 16.08 released on Steam, Android, iOS and Mac.

Cricket Captain 2016 Update released on Steam and Android.

PC still 10% off Steam price exclusively from:
    Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Fix list:
    - New database (thanks to feedback from the forum).
    - Australian pitches more bowler-friendly.
    - Player availability in contracts fixed for mobile versions.
    - Fixed bug exiting the lobby in on-line games.

The Kindle, iOS and Mac versions of this update are in submission with Amazon and Apple. They should be released in the next day or so.

Just getting the version numbers for all platforms for this update together.

Latest Version numbers:

Steam is 16.08
    Android is 16.73
    iOS is 16.22
    Mac is 16.52

Please note that this version number for Android, iOS and Mac might be same as the last one, but it is a new build. It's downloadable from the Google Play Store and respective App Stores.

I'll update the version numbers as the others get released.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-11-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Great, appreciated Sureshot. Have the unusal international batting line-ups been addressed? In 16.07 a few were off: Hafeez batting at 8, Hildreth playing for England and batting at 8; Du Plessis at 7...

Comment

We didn't make any changes to those mentioned. The database changes for this patch were fairly small. Added Dieter Klein to Leics, changed Liam Dawson to Medium aggression and removed the 4 banned South African cricketers.

Getting players to bat at a certain position in the order can be very tricky. I've got some plans for this going forward to make this more accurate, but will have to be a CC17 feature.

Hildreth playing for England might be far fetched, but I do think our batting is very open at the moment. Vince doesn't look like he's going to be playing for much longer and Hales is inconsistent.

Hafeez playing at 8 suggests there are openers better than him and he has just been dropped. We don't have him banned from bowling in-game, which I guess throws that aspect out a bit.

-------

This update for iOS and Mac were approved and released earlier.

Comment

Hi Sureshot. Thanks for your reply - nice to hear what changes are made - and explanation re the batting order. I didn't realise it was a tricky thing to set and understand that batsmen who also bowl might skew it. Faf seems to be bowling quite a lot too so the game is sort of using him like a lower order allrounder. Yes, the England top order looked particularly open today!

Comment

Common guys why don't you just make the difference b/w initial and potential skills more randomize so as to have distinct players (such as low initial skill high potential , high initial skill low potential low skill low potential skill etc ) instead of constant multiplier (from what I have observed) it surely wont gonna take more than couple of hours.

Comment

Super harsh on Mitch Starc, unsure which database I'm running. (I think the one before the last update) Test average for me is mid-40's and hasn't taken a wicket in T20 matches for me. It's not just form cause I dropped him, allowed him to find form again back at domestic level and he's returned even worse now. Too late for me since I'm almost a year into this save but something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
                Super harsh on Mitch Starc, unsure which database I'm running. (I think the one before the last update) Test average for me is mid-40's and hasn't taken a wicket in T20 matches for me. It's not just form cause I dropped him, allowed him to find form again back at domestic level and he's returned even worse now. Too late for me since I'm almost a year into this save but something to consider.
                I don't think Starc has been tweaked beyond release, in any case his ability is as you'd expect and you have just been a bit unlucky with him.

Comment

Working...
                X