Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fielding help

Hi all,

I've recently bought the game and I am loving it so far but having a lot of trouble in the shorter format...

With the bat I'm fine, posting good totals however the ballers then go for ridiculous runs to the point I'm having 260 scored against me in 20 20's and totals of over 400 chased down on the final day of a test.

Ive always used the custom fields but I think they're not working as good with this, can anyone help me on how to create my own fields? Particularly for the shorter format but some help for first class/test matches would also help.

Loving the game so far and look forward to the relies

I tend to look at the batsmen's batting preferences and tailor my bowling accordingly.

For example, if I'm bowling to someone who has a front-foot and leg-side preference then I'll be asking my bowlers to aim to bowl a good length, or a little short outside off-stump. If the pitch is showing uneven bounce, then I would definitely be pitching short.

For field settings, I rarely change the automatic ones, but for 20/20 and if a one-dayer is getting away from me, I will reduce the aggression bar to 1 (sometimes 2) bars. That seems to strike a good balance as you still have a slip and sometimes a short leg, but the field is well spread too.

In a first-class game, if I have plenty of runs on the board I will always begin by looking to attack with 4 bars on the aggression and then steadily reduce it if the batsmen get in. Also, it's useful to attack tail-enders, particularly crowding the bat with a spinner on.

The above is far from perfect, but it seems to help me.

Comment

Working...
    X