Graphics Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Quality

After getting Cricket Captain 2015 to look pretty slick with some dabbling in my Radeon settings, Cricket Captain 2016 seems to be a step backwards. It is like it's running at a lower resolution perhaps. I have no idea. Jagged edges, low res textures and the rest.

And Cricket Captain 2015. Sorry for the dual posts - image upload limit is 400kb by the looks and I run 3840x2160. Should hopefully be a good enough comparison side by side.

Comment

Thanks for this. Looks like we've got something wrong in our settings. We'll look into it as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I've noticed a similar thing with the visuals as compared to CC15 - something to do with shadows maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by sfreak View Post
          And Cricket Captain 2015. Sorry for the dual posts - image upload limit is 400kb by the looks and I run 3840x2160. Should hopefully be a good enough comparison side by side.
          Do you play in 4K, sfreak?

Comment

That I do.

Comment

That's commitment!

I've got a 1440p monitor, but almost always play in Windowed.

What 4K monitor have you got? I keep getting tempted...

Comment

Do it. I've now got the good problem of windowed mode looking too small. I should perhaps add a feature request for some higher resolutions to pick.....

As for the monitor, it's a Philips BDM4065. Went from 3x 24" surround to 1x 40" and thought it'd be a step back.... But how wrong I was. Immersive as anything. All I need now is another 2 and to wait for a video card powerful enough to power them all.....

Comment

Do it. I've now got the good problem of windowed mode looking too small. I should perhaps add a feature request for some higher resolutions to pick.....

As for the monitor, it's a Philips BDM4065. Went from 3x 24" surround to 1x 40" and thought it'd be a step back.... But how wrong I was. Immersive as anything. All I need now is another 2 and to wait for a video card powerful enough to power them all.....
                  What resolution options do you get in windowed mode?

Comment

The following -

Comment

Interesting, I've logged a feature request to add some more resolutions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                        Thanks for this. Looks like we've got something wrong in our settings. We'll look into it as soon as possible.
                        Any luck with it or shall I keep playing 2015 for a bit longer? I've had a bit of a dig around in the game and save folders and can't find anything obvious that would make a difference.

Comment

Any luck with it or shall I keep playing 2015 for a bit longer? I've had a bit of a dig around in the game and save folders and can't find anything obvious that would make a difference.
                          Sorry, not ignoring you. Will try and get an update on the situation early next week.

I also want to try and get those new resolutions added as I think that will make a big difference to you.

Nigel

Comment

G'day Nigel,

Any luck with making it as slick as 2015 yet? Keen to get back into it for the upcoming Aus cricket season. Played 2015 to death now - ended up predicting Boyce's move to Tasmania along with Usman Khawaja in the 2017/2018 season. You heard it here first.

Comment

G'day Nigel,

Any luck with making it as slick as 2015 yet? Keen to get back into it for the upcoming Aus cricket season. Played 2015 to death now - ended up predicting Boyce's move to Tasmania along with Usman Khawaja in the 2017/2018 season. You heard it here first.

Hi sfreak,

The changes we've marked for sorting (including hopefully adding some bigger windowed resolutions) will have to wait until 2017, unfortunately.

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                              X