X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2016 Reveal

Cricket Captain 2016′ Coming to Steam Early July 2016

The Number One Cricket management game returns for 2016.

With England having seen off Sri Lanka in the first of the English summer Tests and Pakistan next in town, it is time for cricket fans from around the world to put their cricketing expertise to the test in the most in-depth Cricket Captain ever made.

Developed in association with Chris Rogers, captain of Somerset County Cricket Club, Cricket Captain 2016 has more playable teams and more great features than ever before!

Cricket Captain has been hailed as the best cricket management simulation ever created and Cricket Captain 2016 takes the game to the next level – new teams, a beautiful new interface, updated 3D graphics engine and all the attention to detail that you expect from the series.

Key features for 2016 include:
    • 79 playable domestic teams across 5 domestic leagues, including 12 new teams from the New Zealand and South African domestic cricket leagues
    • Updated One Day International (ODI) and 20 over (T20) World Cup Tournament modes. Play as any international team that played in the last two World Cups including Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman, Scotland or the UAE.
    • Day/Night matches
    • New 3D lighting system
    • New user controlled cameras in 3D highlights
    • Improved One Day and T20 match engine combined with improved player form calculation for One Day and T20
    • Updated kits for International teams
    • Sri Lanka and Pakistan historical scenarios
    • New database with improved player ability ratings
    • New and improved interface
    • In-Game Help System
    • New Achievements

Cricket Captain 2016 will be releasing week commencing 4th July on Steam (and all other retailers of digitally downloaded games), Android, iOS and Mac.

More screenshots and trailer next week.

Last edited by Sureshot; 06-18-2016, 10:42 AM.

The new features look brilliant - can't wait!

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info and whetting the appetite. Will training and player regeneration be changed at all? These seem to be the issues most requested in the 'desired changes' thread.

Comment

Good to see some news on the new game, however apart from Aesthetics and the database I don't see any new improvements to the game? It is great that you're including more nations to play with but you've stated that's only in tournament mode. I know I'm not alone in feeling this discontent and being a regular player it's difficult to actually pinpoint how the game is any different from Cricket Captain 2011? Hopefully the next set of announcements brings forth some hope for a genuine improvement on last year's game.

Comment

I assume the new game still has the Legends database where i can use players from yesteryear?

Comment

Originally posted by danielallum View Post
            Good to see some news on the new game, however apart from Aesthetics and the database I don't see any new improvements to the game? It is great that you're including more nations to play with but you've stated that's only in tournament mode. I know I'm not alone in feeling this discontent and being a regular player it's difficult to actually pinpoint how the game is any different from Cricket Captain 2011? Hopefully the next set of announcements brings forth some hope for a genuine improvement on last year's game.
            What do you expect exactly? This isn't the size of Football Manager we are talking about; there isn't a humongous team working on the next 2-3 editions all at once, but a few people when they have the time to. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see tonnes of new features every release, but I'd rather see working features than many - quality not quantity. If you want tonnes of half baked ideas and dodgy features, I recommend the Cricket Coach series, that seems to be their speciality. They even have an editor that will crash your game for you!
            Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Basically it is the same game as International Cricket Captain back in the 90's but with a polished interface and a database update, but I still love it

Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

The new features will improve the game, although the new features are focused on things that i dont consider importatnt i still reckon the Childish team are on the right track and i cant wait to purchase the next installment.

Comment

I like the new camera angles, this is a very well done project, it has more content then CC15, overall its a nice game. Btw might be too late but adding Australian Grade cricket in might be good, also the ability to place a player on loan may make it more realistic.
                  Last edited by RoguePudi; 06-21-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hmm not much interest has sparked regarding the CC2016 news and I can understand why, the only excited persons will be the developers itself waiting to grab money from new nations, it is really sad that they haven't changed the regen player generation / improvement /deterioration and training in this edition as this is the core and most demanded thing from actual playing perspective and its definitely not gonna take more than couple of weeks work too but sadly the developers have ditched the current customers in favour of new customers.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                      Hmm not much interest has sparked regarding the CC2016 news and I can understand why, the only excited persons will be the developers itself waiting to grab money from new nations, it is really sad that they haven't changed the regen player generation / improvement /deterioration and training in this edition as this is the core and most demanded thing from actual playing perspective and its definitely not gonna take more than couple of weeks work too but sadly the developers have ditched the current customers in favour of new customers.

Is it really the most demanded thing though? I think not.

Certainly, it is your most demanded thing, and a few others. However, the amount of people that I have seen clamouring for new teams to play as, or new domestic systems to try outweighs this. I suspect that the SAfrican domestic system will certainly be very popular. With their introduction sees the possibility for more domestic systems to be introduced, such as the WIndies or Pakistan.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be interested to see changes to player gen. However, I'd rather see it done because it needs to be, not because a small group are demanding it. New features sell. Fact. What's more attractive, a new country to play, or perhaps the possibility that maybe one season in perhaps twenty you will get a superstar through because they have changed it? The answer to that is obvious.

I'd also refute that it would "not gonna take more than couple of weeks work too but sadly the developers have ditched the current customers in favour of new customers". Everything that the developers have done has been for the customers, old and new. The fact that it would take a small team a lot longer is beside the point; I refer you to my earlier comment in post #6 on this thread as I can't be bothered to retype it.

So, you don't like it. Don't buy it. Let's be fair here, you aren't being forced to buy it. But rather than dismissing the game out of hand before you have even touched it, have a look at it, and see how it plays. Then provide constructive criticism to help the devs, rather than trying to insult them, or by thrusting what is essentially your own demands upon them with a new regen formula (I've been paying attention). Failing that, make your own game and do whatever you want with it. Look how well that works for Cricket Coach.
                      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Can't wait for the new game, but like others cannot shake the feeling the whole format is starting to become slightly outdated. I am not asking for a cricket coach range of features, but the game does seem to get a bit stale after a couple of months. I think that a small player editor would be a nice addition, as well as associate nations for a career mode. I don't know if they plan on releasing new features, but I really hope they have included simple things such as 20/20 auctions and better overseas player options. That said, I am sure CC will be a fantastic game!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post

What do you expect exactly? This isn't the size of Football Manager we are talking about; there isn't a humongous team working on the next 2-3 editions all at once, but a few people when they have the time to. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see tonnes of new features every release, but I'd rather see working features than many - quality not quantity. If you want tonnes of half baked ideas and dodgy features, I recommend the Cricket Coach series, that seems to be their speciality. They even have an editor that will crash your game for you!

I expect features that will fundamentally improve the game rather than just database improvements and aesthetics every single year, as danielallum mentioned. Better regen player generation/improvement/deterioration (as muhammad mentioned), playable associate nations in career mode, allowing us to move between counties/countries through either getting fired or choosing to move, etc. I always see the excuse that they are a small team of people, but that's not a good enough excuse for almost no fundamental improvements to the game (except for potential match engine improvements) for 5+ years.

That being said, I will probably still buy this game as there are no other good enough alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post

I expect features that will fundamentally improve the game rather than just database improvements and aesthetics every single year, as danielallum mentioned. Better regen player generation/improvement/deterioration (as muhammad mentioned), playable associate nations in career mode, allowing us to move between counties/countries through either getting fired or choosing to move, etc. I always see the excuse that they are a small team of people, but that's not a good enough excuse for almost no fundamental improvements to the game (except for potential match engine improvements) for 5+ years.

That being said, I will probably still buy this game as there are no other good enough alternative.
                            This is exactly what I am talking about. I was so disappointed to hear that not even a small thing such as loans could be added in. Honestly, apart from looking and playing better, you might as well play CC10. It feels like they are still painstakingly adding in features that we have been requesting for many years, let alone the new requests. I personally thought the CC2015 match engine was great so I don't how much more in can be improved anyway. However, I am still going to hold faith in the developers, especially with the ceicket cosch delays.

Comment

Again same question where are stats ? I am becoming angry bird .now
                              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                              X