Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimbabwe Save

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and thought I would try a new save, tell me if it doesn't work!!

I am going to try a Zimbabwe one, as it is a challenge, and I haven't seen one yet.

Squad will be up soon for Sri Lanka series

Squad Announcement from Cricket Zimbabwe

Squad for test series in Sri Lanka is as follows...

Sikandar Raza, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tendai Chisoro, Regis Chakabva, Forster Mutizwa, Sean Williams,Malcom Waller, Elton Chigumbura, Shingrai Masakadza, Hamilton Masakadza, Wellington Masakadza, Donald Tiripano, Tendai Chatara,
    Prosper Utseya, Tinache Panyagara, Tapiwa Mufudza, John Nyumbu and Brian Vitori.

Ignore the thumbnail, sorry.
    Attached Files

Comment

First Game vs Sri Lanka

We lost the toss and bowled first in conditions expected to favor spin. A fantastic catch from Masakadza in the gully gave Chatara his first wicket to leave Sri Lanka 4-1. They were 46-1 at Lunch. Then Wellington Masakadza got his first test wicket after Angelo Mathews was stumped by Chakabva. They reached tea on a slow but steady 122-2. Stumps on day one Sri Lanka finished at 169-2. Normally it would be terrible to only take two wickets in a day, but the rate they were going, it is pretty even.

On Day two Sangakkara edged a Chatara bouncer to Sibanda at second slip, to make it 226-3. Then Tharanga brought up his 100 off 342 balls. Tharanga then got caught in front by W Masakadza for 139. Chandimal edged to leg slip off Masakadza for 21. Vinthange then edged behind for Masakadza's 4th wicket. D Perera then got stumped off the bowling to Sean Williams for 10 to leave Sri Lanka 409-7. Eranga was then run out for 36. K Perera brought up his 100 just before the close of play to leave Sri Lanka 485-8 at stumps.

Were still bowling then on day three but we had early luck as K Perera edged to gully to give Panyagara his first wicket of the innings. Panyagara then ended the innings, bowling Gamage on his debut for 5. We started our reply in a much more positive way, reaching 51-0 after 18 overs. Likely result seems a draw. We lost Sibanda for 59 but survived further losses to get to tea on 155-1. Midway through the final session Raza brought up his century off 182 balls, a bit slower than normal, but he won't mind, bringing up his maiden test hundred. Chakabva then got caught in front for 40. We lost Raza and Williams in the last over to Herath but also scored nine runs off it, leaving us on 265-4, 257 runs behind with two days to go.

Sri Lanka took the new ball just one over into the day and managed to get the wicket of Malcom Waller for just four, nicking behind to debutante Gamage for his first test wicket. Now they were into the tail though, and Tendai Chisoro got caught in front by Herath for nine. This brought the two of the Masakadza brothers to the crease. We passed the follow on target with a beautiful cover drive from Shingrai, got to lunch on 334-6, 188 runs behind. Early into the second session Hamilton edged behind for 37, and we were still way behind. Two wickets later, we were 348-9, still 177 runs behind. We were bowled out for 351, behind by 171. Disappointing but we still managed to get 351 on the board, it's just the bowlers I'm Disappointed with. We have also managed to find a batter who is RFM! It took an age but W Masakadza found the edge of Perera's bat to gully for 70. Masakadza then got his second wicket after Mathews edged behind for 18. Sri Lanka declared 354 runs ahead, leaving us just one over to survive before stumps. We reached it with a maiden.

In just the second ball of the day, Sibanda edged to leg slip, leaving us 0-1. We got to lunch at 55-1. Can feel that rain dance warming up again! Midway through the second session we lost Raza lbw and then Williams got bowled for five. Needing seven wickets from the last session we were looking good for recording a draw, but then we lost Masakadza lbw and then Waller got caught in the slips. Chakabva then brought up his fifty off 267 balls, if he is there at the end, we will get a draw. Well, he won't be there at the end, after being caught in the deep, yes in the deep!, for 51. We survived further losses to rescue a draw.

I know it was defensive just to go for a draw, but we are Zimbabwe, and we did collapse in the second innings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-18_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	53455

My MOTM: Regis Chakavba, good behind the sticks and match saving innings in the second innings, along with a forty in the first.
      Last edited by Planted E2; 09-18-2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Good luck mate! I am also going to do a Zimbabwe story so it will be interesting to see how we both go.

Comment

Cheers Mate! Could be interesting. Sean Williams is Fantastic against spin, so good for Sri Lanka. Chatara has some fantastic spells as fast bowler.
          Last edited by Planted E2; 09-18-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

2nd Test vs Sri Lanka

We lost the toss but were thankfully asked to bowl in cloudy conditions. I would have bowled if I had won it.

On day one Perera hit it to mid on to leave Sri Lanka 16-1. W Masakadza then got the key wicket of Angelo Mathews, with him being taken fantastically at short leg for 43 before Sangakkara got taken in the slips for the second key wicket in as many overs, and Mufudza's first in international cricket. We then took another one as Chandimal edged to the slip. We bombarded them with spin for ages and were rewarded with the massive wicket of the in form Tharanga, with Chakabva taking a great catch behind the sticks. Masakadza then caught Vinthage in front for his third wicket, he is a talent! He then got his fourth, bowling Kaushal for 7. When they tired the scoring got freer, but Chigumbura accounted for K Perera for 37, caught behind. Chatara then bowled Eranga, and then Gamage, for a first ball duck. Our first wicket fell when Raza edged to the slip. Chakabva then edged as well.

Early on day 2 we lost our first wicket of the day, Williams being run out for 22. Masakadza then got bowled. Chigumburu then got caught in front for 9 off 7. Sibanda's stirring knock of 49 came to an end when he was bowled by Kaushal. Vitori then got caught in front for 6. Mufudza was next, leaving Eranga on a hat-trick... He didn't bowl next, as it was lunch, and didn't bowl after, but Chatara edged to leg-slip to further our pathetic collapse. Masakadza was next, 160 all out. Tharanga then edged to the slips for our first wicket. Mufudza caught Mathews in front with one that skidded on.

Latest Score: Sri Lanka 203 & 110-2 Zimbabwe 160

Will Edit when finished.
            Last edited by Planted E2; 09-19-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X