AI doesn't care about performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI doesn't care about performance

I've noticed this especially for international teams. Non-regen players who are not rated well enough to be a regular in the international team or a certain format get the odd game here and there, and no matter how well they perform they are usually dropped.

I've observed this in previous versions as well but I'll just take an example from one save of mine from CC2015. Aaron Finch played two test matches, got two 100s and averaged 100+ but is not being selected again (for a year now in game). Brendon McCullum and Umar Akmal also got 2 games and averaged over 50 and have not been selected for a year. Kieran Powell, 3 games averaging 60+, not being selected again. etc etc

Just thought I'd point this out so it could potentially be addressed in future versions!

Apologies for the poorly worded title btw

Aaron Finch should never be selected for Test cricket because he is a horrible, disgusting, insipid red ball cricketer. I have more of an issue with him playing at all to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
      Aaron Finch should never be selected for Test cricket because he is a horrible, disgusting, insipid red ball cricketer. I have more of an issue with him playing at all to be honest.
      I have more of an issue with a fundamental flaw in how AI select sides compared to a single overrated player in a specific format (something that can be easily addressed in the next patch). They really don't care about performance. That's why regens get selected within their first or second year of playing professional cricket and why you see player's getting picked and quickly discarded regardless of performance. The AI only cares about the inbuilt rating of players when really it has to be a combination of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
        Now tell us what you r-e-a-l-l-y think

Comment

Working...
        X