Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form in different types of game

Hi

I've been playing an English County Cricket game, I've been focusing my team on 1st class cricket, with signings and whatnot, and don't have a very strong 20twenty side. I'm therefore struggling to win the games. This is completely destroying my batsman's form in all forms of the game. Given the risky nature of short forms of the game for a batsman it's inevitable that they will get out on lower scores more often, and conversely that bowlers will have much worse stats (compared to test). However, it seems that the form is effected the same. So a bad run of losses in 20twenty can totally destroy my batting lineup (I do make some changes, but as Derby, you don't have enough players for a completely separate side, nor is that realistic). I feel that form should be tracked differently for each of the types of cricket, but that there should be some interdependance.

So for example, Batsman A has 4 stars of form in test, but 3 in 20twenty. He performs badly in 20twenty match, and goes down to 2 stars, but it only has 0.25 of a star effect (or less) on his test form, and 0.5 on his one day.

On another note - has Critchly (derby) been nerfed? He was a star player in a season a couple of games ago, but now barely achieves anything!

Thanks

Originally posted by 7thGalaxy View Post
    I feel that form should be tracked differently for each of the types of cricket, but that there should be some interdependance.

So for example, Batsman A has 4 stars of form in test, but 3 in 20twenty. He performs badly in 20twenty match, and goes down to 2 stars, but it only has 0.25 of a star effect (or less) on his test form, and 0.5 on his one day.
    I've not had enough time to play sufficient games yet to make my own judgment on this, yet I did just want to highlight that this idea had merit, if it is viable for the devs.

Comment

Yes I think you're probably right that form should be tracked separately for different types of game. I think the form system is fairly blunt though - I often find Finn has only 1 star of form, but seems to be my best bowler. He takes wickets, but is expensive, which is exactly what I expect from a strike bowler.

Comment

Working...
      X