International training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International training.

is it worth using technique training when playing as an international side only?

I don't know if it is or not, but I generally like to use it on the younger players when playing international only.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
      I don't know if it is or not, but I generally like to use it on the younger players when playing international only.
      hmmm.

i ask because usually at domestic level it takes a minimum of a full season of technique training before the training has an impact.

so is there enough time for it to make a difference at international level? i guess its just not worth the bother and you should go for short term gains and use practice. but then do players ever improve?

Comment

General technique training should still have an effect though shouldn't it? Training a specific area might not work with limited training days.

Comment

Originally posted by citizenerased View Post
          hmmm.

i ask because usually at domestic level it takes a minimum of a full season of technique training before the training has an impact.
          I wonder what are the factors that determine how long it takes for technique training to show impact for a particular player. I've had players improving within a week itself sometimes - it's happened quite a few times.

Comment

I give Accuracy training to young bowlers/ allrounders and they generally bowl decent/well right from their first game , they do get bad games every now and then though , but the key to it is to give accuracy training for couple of series without actually playing the youngster and when they have couple of months training under their belt , they are good to go.

Comment

Working...
            X