No announcement yet.

Version 15.05 released (PC and Android)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 15.05 released (PC and Android)

Hi guys,

New version up on Steam.

We've been working hard over the last week on making further optimisations for the new 3D engine. This significantly improves performance across all devices, but most notably on mobile.

- Improved performance of highlights (all platforms).
    - Updated player database (changes require new save, existing saves unaffected).
    - Fixed Indian and Australian domestic youth player generation.
    - Updated dates of ODI power-play rule change.
    - Indian FC draw: 1 point if both 1st innings are not complete.
    - Positioned scores above bars in Batting and Bowling form charts.
    - Fixed freeze in contracts when signing reserve player.
    - Fixed issues with Samsung J1 and Acer Iconia A1.
    - Improved speed in contracts section.

You should all be prompted to update through Steam next time you run the game. Outside of that, go to Library > Downloads and the update will show in there. There's an option to download now.

Note: good reviews on Steam are also vital for us, so please help us out if you're enjoying the game

Speed of contracts mostly applies to mobile. But on my Xperia S it was a good 2-3 seconds quicker than the previous build going between Domestic and Youth in India.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-06-2015, 02:52 PM.

Great to see Sureshot - keep up the great work.

It could be one for a future version of the game, but I'd love stumpings to be looked at. The batsman often looks in!

Comment

Hi,

the game was working fine for me before the update, but now isn't as it says I need OpenGl 2 when I have 1.1. I'm not sure what this is but it was working fine before the update!

Comment

The message suggests a driver change.

Firstly, check your install hasn't corrupted.

Open Steam, go to library. Right click on Cricket Captain 2015 and go to Properties. Click on Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Have you upgraded to Windows 10?

Comment

Yeah I just tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, I'm not on windows 10 yet no

Comment

Having issues when loading the game. Main menu loads fine, but when I choose an option (load game for example), the game stops working and closes down. I have just updated to windows 10 if this helps. Have also verified the integrity of game cache which was fine. Also have updated to latest intel drivers. Any tips?

Comment

Hi guys,

I just opened a new save to test a few things. Keep in mind I offered no one in my squad any training, physio, I didn't even select the squads to be honest, just went with whatever the game had pre-selected for me. What I saw over 7 Tests was vastly improved bowling performances, as well as starting pitch conditions based on countries. I saw more sub-200 scores in those 7 Tests than I have in my main saves 13 Tests, and those are with planned training and physio.

My query is have things been looked at and adjusted in this update, or in previous ones, as I started my main file the day after release.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post

My query is have things been looked at and adjusted in this update, or in previous ones, as I started my main file the day after release.
                We're normally told when there is a tweak to the bat/ball balance in any format. I suspect there hasn't been a change as we haven't been told. Just hit 550 all out with India against NZ, who replied with 500 all out - this one is heading for a draw.

Comment

When will this be released on iPhones? It's unplayable currently

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                    We're normally told when there is a tweak to the bat/ball balance in any format. I suspect there hasn't been a change as we haven't been told. Just hit 550 all out with India against NZ, who replied with 500 all out - this one is heading for a draw.
                    That would be quite standard for me too. However, when I ran a few "test saves" today under 15.05 there was a result forced in six of seven matches, with one draw. Quite a few second innings scores of 250 or less too, and that's with absolutely no coaching at all. I just went with whatever squad and XI the game picked and simmed through for a while.

Maybe I'm reading too much into some luck, but it just feels slightly more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by bastie View Post
                      Yeah I just tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, I'm not on windows 10 yet no
                      Okay, it's possible that Windows updated the driver, in any case, can you use the support form here:

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Mention your name from here and I'll assist further, we might need to rollback a driver.

Originally posted by joeheap
                      Having issues when loading the game. Main menu loads fine, but when I choose an option (load game for example), the game stops working and closes down. I have just updated to windows 10 if this helps. Have also verified the integrity of game cache which was fine. Also have updated to latest intel drivers. Any tips?
                      Please disable the Steam overlay:

- Right click on the game in the library.
                      - click properties
                      - un-tick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'

Please let me know if that works or not.

iOS - Not sure yet how long for the latest optimisations to arrive on the next patch. Unfortunately Apple submission is just that slow. I'll update the "Latest iOS, Android, etc" pinned/stickied news thread when we know more.

Game balance - No changes in this update to balance outside of some player abilities, there was a patch (15.02) which contained changes to the AI balance, but these apply to existing saves. I'd say you've not played many matches.

Speaking of optimisations, my HD4400 laptop now runs highlights at 60 FPS on the latest patch, it was 45 on release.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        Hi guys,

New version up on Steam.

We've been working hard over the last week on making further optimisations for the new 3D engine. This significantly improves performance across all devices, but most notably on mobile.

- Improved performance of highlights (all platforms).
                        - Updated player database (changes require new save, existing saves unaffected).
                        - Fixed Indian and Australian domestic youth player generation.
                        - Updated dates of ODI power-play rule change.
                        - Indian FC draw: 1 point if both 1st innings are not complete.
                        - Positioned scores above bars in Batting and Bowling form charts.
                        - Fixed freeze in contracts when signing reserve player.
                        - Fixed issues with Samsung J1 and Acer Iconia A1.
                        - Improved speed in contracts section.

You should all be prompted to update through Steam next time you run the game. Outside of that, go to Library > Downloads and the update will show in there. There's an option to download now.

Note: good reviews on Steam are also vital for us, so please help us out if you're enjoying the game

Speed of contracts mostly applies to mobile. But on my Xperia S it was a good 2-3 seconds quicker than the previous build going between Domestic and Youth in India.
                        At which stage of the season do the youth team players get promoted now? I've finished the Indian first class season and still haven't got any youth players..

Comment

Game not updating on windows 10 its saying preparing to launch and then connection timed out.
                          Last edited by muhammad saad; 08-09-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Some possible solutions:

- Restart Steam and then try again.
                            - Exit Steam, right click on Steam shortcut and select Run As Admin
                            - Find CC 2015 in the Steam library, right click on it and select properties. Go to Local Files and then Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Comment

changed the downloading server and it worked

Comment

Working...
                              X