Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batting in t20s

Can anyone help me out?

Been playing the game for years, assumed the t20 batting engine was simply broken in the last few editions but given that it's still an issue can anyone help me with how to score runs in t20?

Start at 7 or 8 star and I'm frequently 25-5, start at 5 or 6 and I never score quickly enough.

Yet, when I bowl, teams are frequently scoring at 10 and over from the get go.

Anyone else shed any light on this?

Try starting batsmen at 6 and then soon moving them up to 7.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Pretty much the above, but don't stay on 5-6 for too long. You also need to look at the balance of your batting order with regards to their aggression rating.

If you play home games for 20 overs, what pitch type do you prepare?

Comment

I've had this problem for years too. First class/Test? Not a problem, can romp away to the title. but in any one day format it's impossible. If I take T20 as an example, when I put my team at 6 bars, they'll barely manage a run a ball, when I move to 7 they're out in single figures. And despite me customising my field the opposition will bat at 10 an over, and I'll be lucky to get a couple of wins all season.

For the sake of facts, I play as Northants usually. Not the strongest team I know, but I'm about to win the FC title by a comfortable margin, while finishing bottom of T20 table 3rd season running.

So for those who don't suffer from one failure, what do you do throughout a limited overs match? How do you set your fields/aggression? Ball by ball or over by over, and when?

Comment

I have been more successful playing ball-by-ball in short formats, it gives you more time to adjust.

You could be chasing 8 an over. Get 4 off the first ball and you can turn down the aggression, keep it on high aggression and you could easily lose a wicket.

Comment

Advice taken, but first game in doesn't seem to have helped. Literally had Sangakkara on 7 stars (Surrey t20) scoring at 4 off 19 balls. Corey Anderson 5 off 11 batting on 7.

Not sure that it feels unrealistic, I just have no idea how I could bowl like that against the opposition. Any further advice appreciated? Doesn't feel realistic at all to me (or, forgetting that, doesn't even feel the human vs AI is remotely even)

Comment

There we go. Sam Robson (a man well known for his t20 prowess) hits 49 off 31 against a bowling attack that included Jade Dernbach and Corey Anderson.

Seriously, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

I find T20s to be pretty accurate. Sometimes I defend 150, sometimes not. I defend 200 most of the time but sometimes still lose. Playing ball by ball and limiting risk after hitting a boundary in an over can help you save wickets for later on.

I also identify the 5th/6th bowler and try and punish him, if I have wickets in hand, with full aggression.

Comment

Working...
                X