Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant win short-form games to save myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant win short-form games to save myself!

I've been playing and loving this game for a couple of months now, but have had a pretty long standing problem winning the shorter forms of the game. I've played 4 different English county teams and have the same basic problem. I seem to win perhaps 2-3 T20 games per season and a similar number of one dayers, and those are almost always at the very beginning of the season.

The basic formula I follow for the T20s (and the usual result) is as follows:

I play ball by ball
    attacking bowling for the first few balls of a new batsman, or until I start getting hit for runs, then pure defence
    my batsmen start 2 bars down from the top aggression and go up to one from the top after an over or two (or if theyre not scoring quickly enough)
    Usually the results are fairly close iff I bowl first, but then I gradually fall behind the run rate, it creeps up to 8-9 per over. I pump up the aggression more, and start losing wickets and end up needing 40 off the last 2 overs, and succeed only in losing about another 4 wickets instead

Any ideas? Seems to me that the pacing of these short form games is quite a trick.

When bowling, perhaps make one bowler bowl opposite to a batsman's preferences. Also make sure you have 2 players on the boundary during the field restrictions, then 5 after that in T20s. In terms of batting, it is important you get at least one batsman in, as once settled they find it easier to score. Don't play very defensive batsmen! Hope that helps.

In my last 3 T20Is, all 6 innings were over 200, so bowling does take a bit of punishment!

Comment

Ball by ball is fine.
      I never attack with the ball in T20. Generally always bowl outside off and full, after 5 or so overs I spread the field.
      Starting at 2 from the top is fine, you might be going too hard too early if you're increasing it after an over or two. Give them 12 or so balls (per batsman), then up the aggression.

Not sure how much you'll take from that, I cannot stand T20 cricket and as such, place no importance on the games.

Comment

i'm shocking at limited overs and don't much care for it, i never bother with it myself but if anyone has any solutions it would be nice to hear

Comment

Working...
        X