Coaching and training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching and training

Hey I've bought many versions of this game and am wondering on how the coach system works on whether it has been changed or is still the same system as before. My only drawback has always been that all player dont train. Ive never seen a team go to a training session and the team boss say right guys we have 8 coaches today so ive picked some of you to train and the rest of you can just linger till next game. This system always bugged me and ive always wondered why we didnt rate the quality of the coach and choose what to work on for all players and depending on the quality of the coach it would work out how effective it would work on players. ie best coach would keep players in better form or work better on their technique. Has this changed in this version? do all players train or is it still this pick who gets to train this week system? I love the game but for me personally its a deal breaker as to whether i update.

It's one thing I've never truly grasped in all the years of playing it right from 1998 onwards. Generally, I've done my own thing not really knowing what effect things have.....
    • If someone's "form" is 3 stars or less - I put them down for practise Bat/Bowling depending on their role
    • If I'm entering T20 period of the season, I get the batsmen techniques coached on aggressive shots and the bowlers on defensive bowling
    • Generally, I get the young bowlers working on "accuracy"
    • My star performers tend to get the physio unless someone looks woefully unfit

This time round, there's fielding training which I've not done much with. I've heard that you should only really bother with technique training when your players are under 25. Older than that, practise is the only way forward as they won't improve. I've also heard you should try to develop techniques of players who have a strong preference to attack or play one side of the wicket or one length to make them more rounded players. That's something I've never done (yet).

Comment

So i take it this years version still limits how many players you can train at a time. So dissapointing I still have the original and australian cricket captain discs and i brought last years off steam. But i want to hire coaches that train entire teams, not choose who gets coach time and who gets to hang in the sheds and have a ciggie each training session. Its the only part of the game that doesnt make logic to me. I agree with the choices of whether to train in technique or form or fielding but if your team was struggling and all your players were out of form would you only train 8 of them or 10 depending on your training budget. You would have your coaches out there working with the whole team doing drills to work on there game. No where in any sport does only part of a team train. Is there away to take away limits on training slots as i will buy the next version that is not limited.

Comment

i'm totally with you on this, make it more like football manager so you can properly go into the coaching and coaches and all that. would be great.
        also, you should be able to work on batting and bowling on the same person but maybe at the cost of fitness like in real life

Comment

I'm not against training and player development being changed, but I would rather there were more in-match tactical features before the addition of coaches etc.

Comment

Working...
          X