Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New player growth/improvement model for future ICC games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player growth/improvement model for future ICC games!

I think the current growth model isnt that good because if a player is just not good enough to begin with (second team avgs in the late 20s for batsmen and 30+ avg for bowler) it is evident that no matter how much technique coaching you give him hes never gonna improve enough to be consider for national selection. Bearing this in my mind I devise my own player growth model which is based on performance ,technique coaching and some random element.

If a horrible player perform remarkly for a season consider his given attributes he should gain up to 15% (10% to 15%) of his batting or bowling attributes + he will get his technique coaching boost normally , so if he get his performance level high enough for 3/4 season he will get a compound bonus of say 12% on avg X 4 season = 48% which will transform him from horrible to good player , but there is a catch which is if he performs badly than his skill will reduce by -5% to -10% which means only the best performers will rise to the rank of quality players and also there will be a chance for every players (even the most horrible ones i-e wkt keepers averaging 12 with the bat in 2nd team) to become good players.

What do you think guys / Child / Sureshot ?

I agree that youth players that are not good in terms of 2nd team averages never end up good in game. My main problem is that it means really talented non-regen youngsters not currently in the 1st XI of county teams very rarely turn out good enough or fulfil their potential in game.

Comment

One of my main issues is that some brilliant regens command salaries over £80,000 for their first ever professional contract!

I would also like there to be more random elements, but who knows - maybe there already are!? I like the secretive nature of ability, development etc. If I knew everything about the way the game is constructed, I suspect I would like it less!

Comment

The large salary demands are happening because of the way the domestic schedule has changed. Inexperienced players don't demand high salaries, but we're getting the odd re-gen who's old enough to be quite developed and then plays enough matches before signing to be experienced. It's a little flawed and I'll look into it (and the other points you raise here). Players that good would have been given an opportunity at a younger age.

Comment

Can you solve the problem of predictable region development by using my growth model , I mean there should be a chance (although less) for even a crappiest regen to develop in to something good. It will make the game more interesting as some regen which you as a national selector discarded 6/7 years ago when he was 22 because he had horrible FC/OD/2nd team avgs in his first 4 years of domestic cricket actually turned in to a very good player who should be really consider for national selection , that will make the game more unpredictable.
          Last edited by muhammad saad; 07-22-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
            The large salary demands are happening because of the way the domestic schedule has changed. Inexperienced players don't demand high salaries, but we're getting the odd re-gen who's old enough to be quite developed and then plays enough matches before signing to be experienced. It's a little flawed and I'll look into it (and the other points you raise here). Players that good would have been given an opportunity at a younger age.
            Just in general, the fact regens appear at age 18-23 instead of, maybe 17-20, feels a little unrealistic. It's very rare that we have a 23 year old come along nowadays who hasn't played a first class match and becomes a superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
              Just in general, the fact regens appear at age 18-23 instead of, maybe 17-20, feels a little unrealistic. It's very rare that we have a 23 year old come along nowadays who hasn't played a first class match and becomes a superstar.
              Honestly, I'd like it if the youth academy team was right there. Not to manage or anything but to see the players at all times and to see how they progress. It would also be nice to have some coaching feedback, who might point out a potential player in our youth team who may well be comparable or better than the players in our team already.

I always give youth a chance, but I shy away from the older youths as they have less potential for me to develop in theory.

Comment

Currently its regen who demands high salary and have better 2nd team avgs are a better player which is just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by RVallant View Post
                  Honestly, I'd like it if the youth academy team was right there. Not to manage or anything but to see the players at all times and to see how they progress. It would also be nice to have some coaching feedback, who might point out a potential player in our youth team who may well be comparable or better than the players in our team already.

I always give youth a chance, but I shy away from the older youths as they have less potential for me to develop in theory.
                  I have to say I would love a youth academy in game - starting populated with a mix of real youth players (albeit maybe with randomised potentials per save?) and newgens to complete a team. You could promote players for one off games, or if there was an injury crisis etc., and more could be added every season, with players not offered new youth contracts going into the pool in the transfer screen. It would mean a lot more players existing, but a large number of them would never get a professional contract so it should even out.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                    Currently its regen who demands high salary and have better 2nd team avgs are a better player which is just sad.
                    Probably pretty realistic though.
                    Most players who turn out to be superstars in real life also stood out at youth level.

Besides, I've come across flops.
                    Just look at the second team averages of players on the domestic scene during the contracts stage. You'll find many with big second team averages who only have moderate success in the First Class/One Day/20 Over competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                      Probably pretty realistic though.
                      Most players who turn out to be superstars in real life also stood out at youth level.

Besides, I've come across flops.
                      Just look at the second team averages of players on the domestic scene during the contracts stage. You'll find many with big second team averages who only have moderate success in the First Class/One Day/20 Over competitions.
                      But I don't think a very average youth player in game ever becomes a 'superstar', which shouldn't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                        But I don't think a very average youth player in game ever becomes a 'superstar', which shouldn't be the case.
                        Exactly even though it is rare but it should happen atleast. I am very fond of players who started out as an below avg talent during their teens and then develop in to a super star , eg include Azhar Ali (started as a leg spinner who can bat a bit during his U19 days) ,Dirk Nannes , Muhammad Asif ,Shoaib Malik (played at no11 for Pak national side when he was 17) Sarfraz Ahmed (was horrible at the start of his international career) Steve Harmison ,Wahab Riaz ,Andrew Flintoff
                        And also the game should reflect players who started very promising but then fades away like Adil Rashid , Junaid Khan ,Micheal Munday ,Waseem Jafar , Piyush Chawla , Umar Akmal.

High salary demands + high 2nd team avgs = Beast of a player every single time. (He may not get a huge success at international level but 10/10 times he will be a domestic beast atleast)
                        Last edited by muhammad saad; 07-25-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

It would be great if you can incorporate these changes in the next patch ,It took me 2 days to make random skill modifier patch for IC2k13 so it is definitey not impossible in few weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                            High salary demands + high 2nd team avgs = Beast of a player every single time. (He may not get a huge success at international level but 10/10 times he will be a domestic beast atleast)
                            I don't agree.

Comment

i think this is the single most important chance which should be made. the game is far too easy as at end of the first season every team has one or two or even three new players for free who are often brilliant.

i think all re-gens should be 17-18 and only about 5% be good enough to play first team cricket straight away with the rest needing training up. in game after 2 or 3 season every team is completely different. on my first game of 15 by the middle, before the regens, of the second season the England test side had three regens in it. that means that in 12 months time there will be 3 players in the England team who have, as yet, never played a domestic game. this really, really needs changing for me.

ideally i'd like to have a whole youth team then focus extra training on one or two particular players so that if i really need a spinner or a bowler who bats at 8 then i can get them ready for that role.

as i said, this is the single most important change to the game for me

Comment

Working...
                              X