Returning the Roar - Three Lions Roar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning the Roar - Three Lions Roar

Evans replaces Moores after dismal winter.

ECB Managing Director Andrew Strauss today shocked all the cricketing world announcing unknown Ian Evans as new leader of the England National Team.

The surprise announcement came as the squad for the trip to the West Indies for three Test Matches was revealed by National Selector James Whitaker.

The trip will see England play three Test Matches at Antigua, Grenada and Barbados as they begin the preparations for The Ashes which start in July.

CLICK HERE FOR THE 'CRICKET PAPER' SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT REPORT.

Strauss seemed delighted to have got his man and naming Evans as new leader said, "Some will say this is a shock decision and I will concur as will Ian that he lacks the experience of some of the other candidates for the role but his passion, drive and enthusiasm to move the team into the new generation will be a breath of fresh air to everyone who cares about English cricket. We hope he will drive the team into the modern era in the long term and that we will see an improvement in results on all levels."

Evans was clearly delighted to be named as Peter Moores successor and revealed that he had unveiled some new focuses for his new charges to think about in his first column for our Website.

EVANS' ROARINGS COLUMN.

Next Post: West Indies Series Review
    Last edited by iantevans; 07-26-2015, 08:54 PM.
    Have a look at my Story Blog "The Blooming Red Rose" and leave me your comments.

"Oh Lanky Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky Lancashire......................"

Nice depth on all the blog features, really interesting and innovative story in prospect! Hope the results are just as good!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
      Nice depth on all the blog features, really interesting and innovative story in prospect! Hope the results are just as good!
      Thanks very much, I'm hoping the blog and site gives a different dimension to the Story as DaveK and his England story is a really good read and I don't really just want another England story which looks much the same except for the results!

On the point of results, I'm hoping for a good run upto the Ashes and it looks like it couldn't have started any better with the demolition of Barbados!
      Last edited by iantevans; 07-21-2015, 09:29 AM.
      Have a look at my Story Blog "The Blooming Red Rose" and leave me your comments.

Comment

England complete West Indies clean sweep.

CLICK HERE FOR SERIES REVIEW.

Ian Evans was evidently delighted when he spoke to Test Match Special after the 3rd Test.

"I am absolutely delighted for the boys, everything the spoke about wanting to do prior to the Series has worked. They have worked so hard in creating an atmosphere where the new boys could come in and feel confident that they could perform. I think you can see that clearly with Woodie (Mark Wood) and Ad's (Adil Rashid), Jimmy and Broady have made sure they have been available to their new team mates whenever they have needed them and that is exactly how Cookie wanted this transition to work and the senior boys have responded excellently."

"Individual milestones were recorded almost daily. Roots hundred and Jimmy breaking Sir Ian's record in the 1st Test, Chef's (Cook) and Bellie's big hundred's in the 2nd Test and Adil's personal best 208no and expert control of the ball during his 4-44 in this final Test were all obviously amazing, but never have I seen a team so delighted as the boys were with the 726-9. The party went on for some time in the Grenada dressing room!"

Next Post: Ireland v England ODI Review.
        Last edited by iantevans; 07-26-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

England win thriller in Malahide as Roy hits debut Century.

CLICK HERE FOR MATCH REPORT.

A jubilant Jason Roy spoke to Sky Sports after the game.

"It was a dream debut really, it couldn't have gone any better personally. I think it is going to take a few days to sink in that I am the new record holder for England's One Day individual innings!

The plan for me individually was to stake my claim here for the series with New Zealand and I like to think I have done that. On the team perspective I think at half way we were a little disappointed that we weren't able to restrict them a little more, but you know this was the first time a lot of these lads have played together, but I think with a little more time together in the next series we can work at this a little more. Stokesy and me were starting to get a little worried at 40 overs and with the rate creeping up to around 8.2 we decided to go after them and luckily it came off.

Next Post: England v New Zealand Series Review.

Comment

Evans delighted with start.

In his latest blog piece - 'Evans Roarings' Ian Evans had nothing but positivity to talk about after his new charges managed a Test match clean sweep in the Caribbean and then a record breaking One Day International victory over Ireland.

Also on this update, find out Jason Roy's thoughts on the man he replaced as England's highest ODI individual innings record holder.

EVANS' ROARINGS COLUMN.
            Last edited by iantevans; 08-06-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X