Blurry Graphics in Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry Graphics in Android

Hi, I just downloaded the Android version and am trying it out. It's working fine, but the graphics doesn't look right. Everything's a bit blurred out, and the outfield and crease look glowy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc15-screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	53868

For comparison, here's what CC14 looks like on my Android phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc14-screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	53869
    Last edited by kishorea; 07-18-2015, 07:50 AM. Reason: added CC14 screenshot

The screen-shots are a bit small to see properly here. Is the blur in the crowd? This is a deliberate "depth of field" effect to mimic the focus of camera in real highlights. The outfield, crease and stadium graphics have been changed completely between versions. From the screen-shots these look OK to me (with the old ones looking a bit washed out), but I might be missing something from the size of image.

Comment

On closer examination, I think it's not so much the blur, but the brightness of the colours used that's somehow affecting the sharpness of the graphics. The CC14 graphics had a more realistic feel to it.

Is there a way to change the brightness/contrast settings?

Comment

There's a slight 'blooming' effect with brighter colours due to the lighting on some machines. We're working on that next.

Comment

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Just realized that there is a size limit for image attachments. Posting the two screenshots once again:

CC2015

CC2014
            Last edited by kishorea; 07-22-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Ah. I can see the problem now. The grass and pitch textures are too low resolution an are blurry on your tablet. We'll look into this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

I also have a problem with the brightness. CC2014 highlights were soft on the eyes, but CC2015 is perceptibly more imposing. And I have the system backlight brightness set to the lowest.

Comment

Can you let me know what device you are running on?

Comment

It's a Micromax A177 Canvas Juice

Comment

Thanks - we'll check this out.

Comment

Working...
                      X