Bowling technique coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling technique coaching

This years game is the first I have played and I have really enjoyed it so far, however I have a question about bowling coaching. When coaching technique for young batsmen the options have obvious affects and improvements can be seen in the batting preferences on a players profile. However what are the exact benefits of coaching bowling technique? Also what is the recommended method of coaching young bowlers? Should spinners and fast bowlers be coached differently?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm not sure if much has changed since previous versions as not had time to play yet, but I usually train young bowlers under 25 on general bowling technique. After that it depends on what you want from the bowler and how they are performing in certain areas.

If they take plenty of wickets but concede a lot of runs maybe work on their accuracy which I think help both aggressive and defensive bowling as they become more likely to bowl less bad balls.

I think aggressive/defensive technique is for how they perform based on the bowling aggression bar. Though it could also effect strike rate/economy rate also. So if you want a bowler that just bowls aggressive for a few overs to try to take wickets before being rested then improve this. If you want a bowler to bowl longer spells and be economical to hold up one end then improve their defensive bowling. Though Im not 100% sure if training someone in defensive bowling helps them reduce how expensive they are when bowling aggressively and same vice versa. I would think that bowling normal aggression would be improved by both of these.

Comment

i always do general technique but no idea if that's a good idea

Comment

Working...
      X