Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) Player

Hi All

I have not played Cricket Captain since the 2010 edition because I was a little disappointed with it as I didn't feel that it was developing enough for my liking and there were parts of the game that irked me a little.....mainly I was finding it difficult to search out good players and also the hap-hazard way of knowing if a player was any good or not!

I decided to buy 2015 yesterday and played it a little last night. Firstly I would like to congratulate the developers for a number of things. The user interface is so much smoother and better looking and it is a pleasure to play now without all the qwerky movements. The search facility is much better and I am finding that the player sorting works a lot better, also the squad loading is fantastic. The highlights and stadium graphics are also much better and further developed (although I must admit to not using them as much as I should because I find the shot range and the wicket range a little repetitive). The addition of the fielding training is a great addition also.

One thing that I still disappointed by is the fact that the only way of knowing if a player is any good is by reputation and averages and I wonder what the reasons are for not putting in some kind of basic player statistics.

Also I wonder if it would be possible to allow users to add facepacks of players and club and competition logos to improve the look of the game, as I understand that the developers may have issues with rights etc?

Anyhow I have to say I am enjoying the game again though and I am even thinking about starting my own Lancashire CCC story, after hanging on to a 1-0 series win in the West Indies with England in my trial game last night.
    Last edited by iantevans; 07-14-2015, 12:45 PM.
    Have a look at my Story Blog "The Blooming Red Rose" and leave me your comments.

"Oh Lanky Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky Lancashire......................"

Hi. Glad you're enjoying the game. The reason we don't show statistics is that much of the fun of the game is trying to select players from imperfect information. Just as real selectors have to consider where a player scores his run and how much luck they had in getting a big score, these are indicators that can help in selection. We've added vs country stats and split 2nd XI stats into t20/OD/FC to give extra help with this. Keep an eye on near miss stays in the game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
      Hi. Glad you're enjoying the game. The reason we don't show statistics is that much of the fun of the game is trying to select players from imperfect information. Just as real selectors have to consider where a player scores his run and how much luck they had in getting a big score, these are indicators that can help in selection. We've added vs country stats and split 2nd XI stats into t20/OD/FC to give extra help with this. Keep an eye on near miss stays in the game as well.
      Thanks for the reply Chris and I have taken your pointers on board and I have to agree with you that it does feel more realistic to view players a little blind, but I feel it doesn't help me when looking at youngsters in the transfer rounds. Mind you the Lancs are well known for keeping the old timers plugging away.....look at Glen Chapple!
      Have a look at my Story Blog "The Blooming Red Rose" and leave me your comments.

"Oh Lanky Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky, Lanky Lancashire......................"

Comment

Working...
      X