Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England 1 Day Side

Some help/advice required!

PLaying as England and have had great Test results (2-0 in Windies, 1-0 vs NZ and a mighty 3-1 Ashes win).

However, along the way I have lost the 1 dayer vs IRE, lost 4-1 vs NZ and 4-1 vs Aus. I won the two t20's but am realy struggling to get any form in the 50 over format.

I have tried using more conventional attack when bowling, ie Anderson, Broad, Ali, Plunkett, Stokes, Woakes etc and also experimented with in form county 50 over players such as Topley, Shantry, Rashid, Bresnan, Gurney and similar results, 6/7/8 over economy and easily getting picked off. I have tried very defensive fields, playing against batsmen strengths etc but leaking runs badly.

In batting, made 300 just once and always ending up 230-260 mark. PLayers with high aggression dont make any runs and other seem slow to buld leaving too much to do. I have varied aggression but nothing seems to change. Tried mixture of players again, Vince, Roy (even brought back KP!) but mixed results.

Anyone had any success with different players and tactics?

My method in 2014 was;

2nd defensive field, 3 aggression, outside off stump = bowling.

Batting = 5/6 aggression at the start for openers, new batsmen on 5, always one on 6 and the other on 5.

The idea being that they either get out or start hitting it rapidly - On 2014 at 4 aggression the simply did not bat fast enough, a pathetic 3-4 an over. At 5-6 aggression they would tick along at 5 an over. However, 2015 is supposedly changed to reflect modern one-day cricket speeds, so check if 4 aggression is fast enough first.

During the powerplay I bat at 6, during overs 42-50 I raise to 7, if I have a lot of wickets in hand, I raise to maximum. Better to be out 350-9 than 290-1.

Comment

Originally posted by RVallant View Post
      M2015 is supposedly changed to reflect modern one-day cricket speeds
      The average 1st innings ODI score for each year from 2004 - 2014 has (believe it or not) remained at around 250. Perhaps 2015 will have higher average scores, but there is no discernible trend. There are still games where teams are bowled out for less than 200 or wickets where 230 is a defendable target (this is often the case when it is very cloudy and the ball is seaming all over the place!).

That said, on flat batting tracks, it is possible to score over 400 (in real life and in the game).

Comment

Working...
      X