Kerala CC (story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerala CC (story)

I decided to play in the Indian League, as 5 day domestic matches sound good.

I looked for the biggest challenge based on the star ratings given for each team. Both Kerala CC and Services had no stars at all for batting or bowling, so the former was my choice (sounded more fancy).

I was surprised to see that they had a rather large squad, so that gave me the option of terminating a few contracts before offering new contracts.
    As it was, I ended up with a final squad of 24 players anyway.

Of course, it is paramount to have good spin bowlers to do well on Indian pitches, so this was my main priority in looking for new players.
    Looking through the youth players, there was a player with a second team average of 20, but I preferred to look first for proven players.
    I therefore ended up signing Sunil Narine as my overseas player, with Nayyer Abbas as reserve player.
    On the domestic scene, the standout option was Sarupam Purkayasthar, so I made sure to outbid the other clubs who were also interested in his services.
    I already had Minoop Manoharan in my squad, so that gives me three decent spinners. The fact that Purkayasthar and Manoharan can bat a little as well is a bonus.

With three decent pace bowlers already in my squad (Manu Krishnan, Sandeep Warrier and re-signed Nizar Niyas), it was not necessary to go looking for further players in that area.

With only two opening batsmen in the squad, plus a fairly thin roster of good batsmen, that was my next priority.
    I managed to snare Manprit Juneja to open the batting, plus Hanuma Vihari, re-signed Rohan Prem and youth player Tushar Jaffer (second team average of 56) to fill out the squad.

I'll give brief squad details in my next post.
    Last edited by GrahamB; 07-09-2015, 02:53 AM.

KERALA CC SQUAD

Opening Batsmen
    Manprit Juneja
    V. Jagadeesh
    Abhishek Hegde

Other Batsmen
    Hanuma Vihari (main keeper)
    Amit Verma
    Sanju Samsom (back-up keeper)
    Rohan Prem
    Tushar Jaffer
    Robert Fernandez
    Karaparambil Monish
    Sachin Baby
    Vishnu Vanod (third keeper)
    Jafar Jamal

All-Rounders
    Vinoop Manahuran (OS)
    Sarupam Purkayastha (OS)

Spin Bowlers
    Sunil Narine (OS)
    Padmanabhan Prasanth (SLA)
    Akshay Chandrin (SLA)
    Fabid Ahmed (OS)

Pace Bowlers
    Manu Krishnan (LM)
    Sandeep Warrier (RFM)
    Nizar Niyas (RFM)
    Abhishek Mohan (RM)
    Vinod Kumar (RM)

Comment

KERALA CC v GOA (Indian FC League)

Sanju Samson and Sunil Narine are completely out of form and the decision was made to give them a run in the second team.
      Young batsman Tushar Jaffer and seasoned spinner Padmanabil Prasanth came into the playing eleven as a result.

Experienced opening batsman V.Jagadeesh has been chosen as our captain.

The stats for the Goa team are a little misleading, as they're an inexperienced side full of talent.
      Their Pakistani batsman Babar Ali is seen as a star of the future.

Last edited by GrahamB; 07-09-2015, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Interested to see how this develops! I come from Kerala and am looking forward to playing as them myself when I get hold of CC15 Android edition.

Historically we have been abysmal in the Ranji Trophy. Cricket has always played second fiddle to football over here, and Kerala has produced only two Indian test players - Tinu Yohannan and S. Sreesanth.

Let's see if we can turn things around!

Comment

Great to see an Indian domestic story. Good stuff.

Comment

Okay - I got tricked.
            When I was beta-testing, the Indian FC games were 5 days long.
            Must have been a bug, because now they're only 4 days long.

Comment

KERALA CC v GOA (Indian FC League)

Hanuma Vihari showed what a great value signing he was, as he celebrated his debut for us with a big century. Vinoop Manoharan scored his maiden first class century as well.
              Padmanabhan Prasanth was the pick of our bowlers and it will be hard to leave him out once Sunil Narine returns to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                Okay - I got tricked.
                If I'm not mistaken, the group stages have 4-day games and the knockouts 5-day games. Somewhat like the final in the Sheffield Shield.

Comment

SAURASHTRA v KERALA CC (Indian FC League)

With Sanju Samson and Sunil Narine still working their way back into form in the second team, we kept the same playing eleven for our visit to Saurashtra.

At second team level, opening batsmen Abhishek Hegde and top order batsman Sachin Baby both performed very well, so youngster Tushar Jaffer will be hoping to repay our faith in giving him another chance in the first team.

Comment

Looking forward to this one, I enjoyed an Indian Dom file during the testing stage, and had England not been in such a state, I may have gone for a similar line of story.
                    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                      Okay - I got tricked.
                      Yes, an issue which was spotted fairly late in testing. An interesting take on first class cricket.

Great to see an Indian State story.

Comment

SAUSASHTRA v KERALA CC (Indian FC League)

A fighting draw against a higher ranked side.
                        With other squad members pushing for starting spots, a few of our players will be looking for big performances in the next game, amongst them, Vagadeesh and Prem.

Comment

KERALA CC v HYDERABAD CC (Indian FC League)

Our toughest opponent yet!
                          We go in with an unchanged side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            Yes, an issue which was spotted fairly late in testing. An interesting take on first class cricket.

Great to see an Indian State story.
                            But the knockout games are played over five days, aren't they?

Comment

KERALA CC v HYDERABAD CC

After losing the toss for the third consecutive time and having to bowl first as usual, things were looking promising for us when we had Hyderabad at 194/5.
                              Then came a huge partnership between Ravi Teja and Reddy that set them up for their mammoth score.
                              After that, it was all about survival really, but our lads were again up to the task.

Our main issue with our batting is that it's solid, rather than spectacular. We don't have many batsmen who are more than defensive. This is something to aim building for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X