Living with Cricket Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with Cricket Captain

Hello, fellow Cricket Captains, greetings from Kerala, India!

I'm a newcomer to this forum, and just thought I'd share my experience of playing the game and how it has become a part of my life.

I first encountered Cricket Captain over a decade ago, when I was in high school. Personal computers were only beginning to make inroads into middle class life, and I remember being fascinated playing it at a friend's house. I would have played maybe a dozen games, that's all, but I was hugely impressed by it.

It was only a couple of months ago that I rediscovered the game, courtesy of circumstances. I suffered a herniated disc in my lower back, and was confined to bed for three weeks. The pain had subsided but rest was mandatory, and it was so difficult to while away time. That's when I remembered Cricket Captain, and thought - let me see if that game is available on Android. And lucky for me it was! Only later I found out that the mobile versions were released for the first time last year.

Playing CC14 was a brilliant way to spend idle time, lost in a fantasy world of cricket. Somehow it felt more real than real cricket. With so much emphasis on T20 cricket these days, and what with blatant hijacking of ICC by commercial interests, one can't help feeling sometimes that it's all a big sham driven by money. Things were different 15 years back when I was growing up, and I have fond memories of a greatly improved Indian test side under Sourav Ganguly pushing the frontiers in the early 2000s and I must have spent countless hours of my childhood fantasizing about cricket. CC14 gave me some of that back.

Now I'm on my feet and back to work, but I play CC14 for some time most days. I have moved away from the frenzied dash to finish a season in a day, and am exploring more nuances in the game, often playing ball by ball, playing a session one day and coming back next day to play the next one... The game engine surely has lots of depth to it, and I'm trying to find out if I can get better at playing the game.

Hope to share some stories of interesting games over here some time. Anyway, thanks to the makers for this wonderful game, and cheers to all members of this wonderful community.

Kishore

I also discovered the game ages ago (in 1998 when I entered secondary school). Glad that you are on the mend - look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game and cricket in general. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-03-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Yes welcome aboard. I've only just discovered this franchise at all, and have clocked up about 170 hours I think over the last couple of months. Absolutely fascinating game - I just wish I could win a bit more consistently. Are Surrey bad, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
      X