Why am I so bad at this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I so bad at this game?

I played an entire season with the West Indies. I won three games (one test match, one t20 and one world cup ODI). Is it just because the West Indies are that bad or am I doing anything wrong?

Have you played the game before?

The West Indies are certainly going through a bad period at the moment, for various reasons. I've always found them to be exceptionally poor with the bat, whilst their bowling is okay, but when you can't hit runs, it's always difficult to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Have you played the game before?

The West Indies are certainly going through a bad period at the moment, for various reasons. I've always found them to be exceptionally poor with the bat, whilst their bowling is okay, but when you can't hit runs, it's always difficult to achieve.
      I've played the 2011 and 2012 trials and won the world cup with them. This is the first version of the game I have bought and I am absolutely horrendous at it.

Comment

Is there a particular area you are struggling with, bowling or batting?

Whenever I've played with West Indies I've always struggled for consistency with the bat.

Comment

Whenever I've played with West Indies I've always struggled for consistency with the bat.
          I've jumped from 2011 to 2014, but batting is definitely harder.

That wouldn't so much be an issue, but the scores are pretty unrealistic in comparison with real life (particularly in limited overs games - it's pretty much impossible to hit 300 in an ODI I've found, but that's basically just an OK day for a top team in real life).

Comment

Both areas. I will sometimes have decent days with the ball, but I am absolutely horrendous with the bat. I never put the aggression meter beyond 4 for test matches but I find myself unable to build an innings, it is very often I find myself at like 64-4 or something like that and get skittled for little over 200 maybe. In limited overs games I am lucky to set a target of 220+ if I bat first or 120+ in T20.

Bowling is not much better. I'll have some great days where I bowl out the opposition for 130 but then more often than not they are racking up 350+ on me in ODI's and 500+ in tests. Any advice?

Comment

I find the scores realistic. Have hit plenty of 350+ scores with SA, including a few over 400. At the same time, in difficult conditions, I have defended 230, with the ball seaming and swinging all over the place.

Comment

Wickets in hand are the key, and crucially having a settled batsman at the crease (preferably two) with 20 overs to go.

Comment

Working...
                X