Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of annoying things

Chris,

Can you tell me why I have to sit out the winter while the computer generates 6 months worth of games including the country that I am playing as?

Also is there any way of reducing the impact of literally having a player taken out as retired hurt pretty much in every other test match I play? The problem is if a player gets hurt thats him out of the entire test match and you are effectively screwed! Not once have I had a player injured and then coming back in to complete a test innings or to bowl in the second innings.

To be honest Id rather injuries were taken out completely because the way injuries are modelled doesn't add anything to the game what so ever.

Regards

Mailman

Can you tell me why I have to sit out the winter while the computer generates 6 months worth of games including the country that I am playing as?
    Okay, a few questions to help replicate this:

What team were you playing as?
    Were you playing with any domestic teams?
    Were you using all match types? (if not, what match types were you using)
    What year did this happen?

Comment

Hi Sureshot,

Im playing as New Zealand and am not playing 20/20 games (and begrudgingly playing one dayers). This problem happens at the end of every season (I'm currently up to 2024).

Also, is there any way of getting your current or last selected team list first when ever it comes time to selecting your team for a series?

The problem comes when the computer selects players who have no international or even first class career so it takes for ever to find them so you can deselect them!

Additionally, is there anyway of highlighting injured players who are currently on your team roster? There is no easy way of identifying them so they can be unselected until you try to submit your team and you get a message saying play so and so is injured.

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Thanks for the information, just testing a New Zealand save now.

I think your best bet is to change the views to current or last year to get the players you've used to the top of the list. We're looking at ways of improving this for 2015.

There's an issue with injured players being incorrectly highlighted in the national pool screen, but they are highlighted in the selected squad view. I've logged this, but unlikely to be fixed for 2014.

Comment

I've got a save up to 2024 with New Zealand playing Tests and ODIs. I think I know the gap you're talking about, normally April - October there's not much cricket for New Zealand. There's the odd 20 over World Cup and maybe the odd tour to England or West Indies. But there haven't been any Tests or ODIs missed.

You will see New Zealand highlighted in red in the match processing window, these are for 20 over matches.

Is this what you've found?

Comment

Working...
          X