Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somerset CCC - Trescothick et al retirements after the first year

Hello all ICC fans!
    Has anyone played a Somerset season and then at the end of the first season find that both Trescothick and Trego are retired??
    On the older games if this happened, I quit the game and went back in to find that my retirements may have been different.
    Given that neither Trescothick or Trego or Thomas for that matter have retired as of the end of the 2014 season, why do they retire in the game??
    Please release data update :-(
    Thank you in advance.

I have just this minute encountered the same problem and it is highly infuriating. The game informed me of the two retirements -- Thomas and Collymore. Trego had another 2 years on his contract and Tresco another year.

Now they've just disappeared from the squad and I have to field a 19 year old opener. This is not great.

Comment

Part of the unpredictability and challenge of the game.
      It can't mirror real life in this particular regard.

Comment

I've always wondered if there is anything built into the code that dictates who retires

- age (obviously!!)
        - appearances previous season?
        - injuries?

Comment

Very rarely do players retire at the end of a season without notice. Of course you get some instances in international cricket where players suddenly declare in the middle of a series that its their last but generally some notice is given.

Its quite infuriating to see a player in international cricket to have suddenly retired at the end of a season and your first series in a new season is the WC. Can we not get a bit of notice i.e player X has announced his retirement at the end of the season? This gives some time to try and find a suitable replacement.

Similarly in county cricket where it gives you the opportunity to see what the young 19 year old in the squad is made of before deciding if a new player is necessary in the next transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
            Very rarely do players retire at the end of a season without notice. Of course you get some instances in international cricket where players suddenly declare in the middle of a series that its their last but generally some notice is given.

Its quite infuriating to see a player in international cricket to have suddenly retired at the end of a season and your first series in a new season is the WC. Can we not get a bit of notice i.e player X has announced his retirement at the end of the season? This gives some time to try and find a suitable replacement.

Similarly in county cricket where it gives you the opportunity to see what the young 19 year old in the squad is made of before deciding if a new player is necessary in the next transfer window.
            In football manager you can even ask them to reconsider their pending retirement ....

Comment

Working...
            X