ODI and T20 needs Improvment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODI and T20 needs Improvment

What I have played , I really like the Test Game-play feels very competitive and match match up to realistic but problem with ODI and T20 gameplay still needs improvement

ODI and T20 still follow Test Type Gameplay , Low scoring , Player strike rate still need improvement , set batsman still gone put when ever try to play attacking shots

at the full attacking Batsman still Play for 1 or 2 runs .

I think ODI and T20 Gameplay is not match up to real gameplay and need much improvements.

Apart from this need more and more animations which will make game more interesting.
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

I beg to differ, I find it very rare than in an ODI match that I play, that I struggle to reach a decent total. In many of the ai vs ai games as well, I've seen high scores and low ones, but overall around 250-270 seems to be par.

T20's seem good as well, a nice range of scores, rather than tonnes of runs everywhere.

As far as playing for 1/2's is concerned, even Dhoni, Sharma, Maxwell, you name it, they'll play for singles if needs be, to say they should be putting or attempting to put everything out the park is a little too much. It does also depend on their personal aggression level as well perhaps, but you still accumulate a good amount of runs an over through 1/2s.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
      I beg to differ, I find it very rare than in an ODI match that I play, that I struggle to reach a decent total. In many of the ai vs ai games as well, I've seen high scores and low ones, but overall around 250-270 seems to be par.

T20's seem good as well, a nice range of scores, rather than tonnes of runs everywhere.

As far as playing for 1/2's is concerned, even Dhoni, Sharma, Maxwell, you name it, they'll play for singles if needs be, to say they should be putting or attempting to put everything out the park is a little too much. It does also depend on their personal aggression level as well perhaps, but you still accumulate a good amount of runs an over through 1/2s.
      I concur.

But one thing needs to be added. Singles are a problem. If batsmen are put on high aggression (6 bars and above), they take singles just fine. If wickets fall however, and I am forced to use lower bars of aggression, they don't take singles anywhere near enough. Singles, after all, are usually a low risk option in accumulating runs. If the field is spread also, I need an option where I ask my batsmen to predominantly take singles.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
        I concur.

But one thing needs to be added. Singles are a problem. If batsmen are put on high aggression (6 bars and above), they take singles just fine. If wickets fall however, and I am forced to use lower bars of aggression, they don't take singles anywhere near enough. Singles, after all, are usually a low risk option in accumulating runs. If the field is spread also, I need an option where I ask my batsmen to predominantly take singles.
        Agreed, that's sometimes an issue for me, thankfully it is yet to cost me majorly though.

Comment

I Played the World Cup ,

started with one of opener with 4 bar and other with 3 bar Played with runrate about 4.5 after 30 over normally after wicket falls kohli comes and play with 3 bar with playing 10 runs in 30 ball now settled start for aggression gone Out same with dhoni and remaing player Target reached to about 230.

Problem is the Players take time to settle and makes runs at very slow runrate when tries to make more aggressive well settled batsman gone out . Even chasing zimbabwe for score near to 300 is not possible , while chasing after certain time one wicket fall at good position, rest wickets will fall as bunch of cards to maintain the runrate because every player take lots of time to settle and play at very slow runrate ,

One day batting format looks like test batting format
          Is my Next Dream

Comment

It looks like a test format, because that is how you are treating it. 4/3 bar off the start is far too slow for a one day game, especially with tight fields. If you bat slowly, you are going to finish way under par, that much is obvious. I would imagine you are being far too cautious. Your more aggressive batsmen could do with actually having a crack if you have wickets left, rather than playing an unnatural game in defending.

4.5 is a reasonable runrate for 30 overs, but even then, that's not the best of foundations for a good ODI score. If you can get to maybe 150-170 with only 2/3 wickets gone then fine. You can afford to lose maybe 4-5 wickets in the first 30, if you have a deep tail to the order. I'd suggest you analyse your order, try and find a good balance to it, and be more aggressive when it comes to batting.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
              It looks like a test format, because that is how you are treating it. 4/3 bar off the start is far too slow for a one day game, especially with tight fields. If you bat slowly, you are going to finish way under par, that much is obvious. I would imagine you are being far too cautious. Your more aggressive batsmen could do with actually having a crack if you have wickets left, rather than playing an unnatural game in defending.

4.5 is a reasonable runrate for 30 overs, but even then, that's not the best of foundations for a good ODI score. If you can get to maybe 150-170 with only 2/3 wickets gone then fine. You can afford to lose maybe 4-5 wickets in the first 30, if you have a deep tail to the order. I'd suggest you analyse your order, try and find a good balance to it, and be more aggressive when it comes to batting.

Yes What You have said its right , I usually play one day games as test and keep wickets in hand , tried to change the style start aggressive without afraid of getting out , got better result with High runrate , But still I feel there is Scope of improvement of runrate in one day and T20 in New Version of game .

Will try the same in 2015 version .
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

I think the effect of cloud is well modelled in the game. Perhaps a perfect batting pitch with very even bounce and no wear could yield slightly higher run rates though? I do think that to counter balance it, it needs to be still harder to score quickly on unevenly bouncing or very worn wickets. Whilst there have been many high scoring limited overs games this year, there are still some matches where 230 is defendable.

Indeed there are also matches where both sides are bowled out cheaply - often when overhead and wicket conditions are tough for batting, but sometimes inexplicably!
                Last edited by Graham_5000; 06-17-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I had a conversation with a sports blogger, John Rogers, on Twitter last week. John Rogers had tweeted a link to a blog post he had written...

It seems that the average 1st innings ODI score over the last 8 years (rain affected games not included) has remained the same - around 250. The data only includes the top 8 countries. Perhaps one would expect a slightly higher average score for 2015 - we will have to see. Until we have several consecutive years with a higher score one has to assume there hasn't been a change in trend.

Comment

It's hard to avoid a batting collapse in the limited overs formats when you try to attack hard.

You can be playing an ODI on a flat pitch, and reach 200-220 with only 2-3 wickets down by the 35th over, with the mind to using your powerplay then (having saved it) and going hard at a 330-350 total, but you'll often end up losing 5-6 wickets cheaply and barely reach 250. I know that can easily happen in real life too, but more often than not these days, the batsmen end up being the ones on top in those latter overs. Not saying it should all go the batsman's way, but more of a balance is needed, so that you can actually get away with hitting out a bit more often.

Comment

I think you've hit the nail on the head Damon. That's been exactly my experience.

Comment

I think you need to play ball by ball when attacking hard to avoid a collapse. I crank it up to 7 when attacking in an over, but drop back down to 5 bars after hitting a boundary for the over. I often then still hit another boundary in the over, but crucially risk is reduced for a few balls.

I've had several 400+ ODI scores, so I don't think ODIs need tweaking! If you have your batsmen on 8 bars for a whole over, there will be a collapse. Micro manage innings and you can sometimes score over 400 on good pitches

Comment

Working...
                        X