Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Transfer Mechanics in the Aus Domestic Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Transfer Mechanics in the Aus Domestic Season.

Firstly, thank you developers for making a game that has devoured so much of my time.
    Now. I play the iOS games, and I was wondering about how players move between clubs. I only want to know what makes this happen. Is it some kind of wavering loyalty mechanic or something? I don't want to abuse this feature, just curious about it.
    Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

This was the first game I've bought since ICC 2011 and I was disappointed to see how little had changed in the Australian domestic format. Before any new leagues are added, I think changing the transfer system has to be a priority. There is too little movement between states (I don't think there should be anywhere near as much as in the English game) but, worse still, you end up getting stuck with the exact same pool of players until retirement.

The only change I can think of is ability to sign international players - presumably to cover situations where a Younis Khan, Andy Flower or Johan Botha comes to play. I think this either needs to be removed or tweaked, because now it means basically every team signs an international for the whole Shield and one day season.

The big problem is the repetition. Either the pool of players from which the squad is selected needs to be enlarged or there needs to be a greater turnover of the grade cricketers that are available to be selected. Either way, the Australian domestic game is rendered - maybe unplayable is too strong a word - but frustrating, because you get stuck with guys you discarded years ago popping up year after year until they retire. It means the squad remains fatally stagnant.

Comment

I completely agree. Plus the said International player is often a class above the rest of the domestic players. I've also found, in the iOS 2012 game at least unsure about 2014, that the AI drops potentially good young players for little rhyme or reason. Many times I've seen WA dispense with Agar, Vic let go of Muirhead, Boland etc.
      Perhaps the 2nd league/grade cricket could be expanded. With actual players implemented instead of those made up people, and have more of them. I was thinking about this the other day and came up with this:
      Have a set number of state contracted players - 15 + Aus contracted + 3-5 rookies, maybe. - and a bigger list of grade cricketers that you can elevate to your contracted squad if a player is injured, on international duty etc. And more IRL players into this 2nd League. That way, if a person is not offered a contract, they are still part of a league, and any uncontracted players are able to move states, either via an offer from the states, or of their own free will.
      Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

All good points and the Aus transfer system is something we want to improve as we also think it can and should be better.

Comment

Now there is a trade period with Big Bash!
          Example: Muirhead was traded for Beer
          ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
          X