T20 Tactics - Struggling badly on 'Easy' difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 Tactics - Struggling badly on 'Easy' difficulty

Having real trouble in T20's at the moment and was looking for some ideas on tactics and field placings. What do you guys use?

With bowling I've tried getting early wickets with mid aggression early on, I've tried being defensive the whole way through. I'm even using the "bowl to the opposite of the batsmans strength' tactics which help me so well in the County Championship.

When batting, I pick aggressive batsman and start at 7 before going to 8 bars once they are 50% to 80% settled depending on how the game is going. I have also tried just started at 8 the whole time. These tactics always end up with me either getting 140 to 150 or being skittled out for under 100.

I'm currently losing 90% of T20's regardless of batting or bowling first and in those games I lose quite comprehensively.

Embarrassingly, I am having these issues whilst playing on 'Easy' level.

Try bowling normal length outside off-stump using 3 bars aggression to all batsmen and to the most defensive default field settings that you can.

Batting - start on 7 bars and move up to 8 when completely settled (or earlier depending on circumstances).
    If you're in difficulty due to too many wickets falling, go down to 6 bars aggression for a couple of overs.

Comment

Superb bit of advice, has completely changed round my T20 campaign. Thanks!

When I hit a snag in the 50 over stuff, I'll be back! Ha ha ha.

Comment

Working...
      X