No announcement yet.

So what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also finding in this version of ICC what position the Batsmen plays at is very important. Openers should be strictly openers and unless you know where each play is strongest, it will take some experimenting to find a Batsman's best position.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
      Interesting. I've always thought going above 3 bars meant unnecessary risk of batsmen losing their wicket. Do you think that's not really the case if they're fully settled?
      You're probably right .. I just like scoring at a higher rate

Comment

Well I think Im finally making progress in the test matches now, which is good for me

I still have problems with playing the one dayers BUT it feels like the engine itself isn't suited for this type of game? If Im opening with Brendan McCullum and Jessie Ryder, two players who have utterly destroyed bowling lineups over the years, Im lucky if these two can score 4 runs an over! Quite often Ill even have a string of maidens being bowled at the death by the opposition which is frustrating as hell! Its frustrating because I might score a boundary off the first ball of an over...which is then followed by 5 dot balls! The engine should be keeping the scoring ticking over...especially in the later part of the game when the field is more spread out.

Its got to the point where I dont even bother trying to play the one dayers now. Im lucky if I score over 200 runs in 50 overs and even luckier if I even win a match! Chasing anything over 200 I might as well just forget about it!

If it wasn't for making progress on the test match side I would have given this game up a while ago now. I just cannot get the one layers to work for me?

So...hints and tips would be greatly appreciated (btw, Im playing on easy as well).

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by mailman View Post
          Well I think Im finally making progress in the test matches now, which is good for me

I still have problems with playing the one dayers BUT it feels like the engine itself isn't suited for this type of game? If Im opening with Brendan McCullum and Jessie Ryder, two players who have utterly destroyed bowling lineups over the years, Im lucky if these two can score 4 runs an over! Quite often Ill even have a string of maidens being bowled at the death by the opposition which is frustrating as hell! Its frustrating because I might score a boundary off the first ball of an over...which is then followed by 5 dot balls! The engine should be keeping the scoring ticking over...especially in the later part of the game when the field is more spread out.

Its got to the point where I dont even bother trying to play the one dayers now. Im lucky if I score over 200 runs in 50 overs and even luckier if I even win a match! Chasing anything over 200 I might as well just forget about it!

If it wasn't for making progress on the test match side I would have given this game up a while ago now. I just cannot get the one layers to work for me?

So...hints and tips would be greatly appreciated (btw, Im playing on easy as well).

Regards

Mailman
          Have you tried my suggestions on the first page of this thread?

Comment

I also just bowl to peoples weaknesses. Sometimes this years edition seems more random and broken than usual. For instance playing this morning as Australia against Bangladesh I declared leaving them with 300 needed from 2 sessions on a pitch with uneven bounce and sharp turn with bad light and cloudy weather. They finished 2-300 off 36 overs with iqbal scoring 81 off 65, haque scoring 126 off 99 and hossain scoring 85 off 57. Even when I switched to bowling defensive they were smacking me around the park on what should be an ideal bowling pitch....

I just beat England 4-0 in the ashes as well and destroyed them with the same line up but Bangladesh pummelled me in that test.

Comment

Originally posted by outbreak View Post
              I also just bowl to peoples weaknesses. Sometimes this years edition seems more random and broken than usual. For instance playing this morning as Australia against Bangladesh I declared leaving them with 300 needed from 2 sessions on a pitch with uneven bounce and sharp turn with bad light and cloudy weather. They finished 2-300 off 36 overs with iqbal scoring 81 off 65, haque scoring 126 off 99 and hossain scoring 85 off 57. Even when I switched to bowling defensive they were smacking me around the park on what should be an ideal bowling pitch....

I just beat England 4-0 in the ashes as well and destroyed them with the same line up but Bangladesh pummelled me in that test.
              A very odd thing I found was that I can bundle out teams for extremely low scores in the 4th innings if I just leave the bowling aggression at 3 bars and keep a middle and off stump line. Doing the normal tactic of bowling to batsmen's weaknesses and using 4 bars doesn't seem to work effectively in the 4th innings.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                A very odd thing I found was that I can bundle out teams for extremely low scores in the 4th innings if I just leave the bowling aggression at 3 bars and keep a middle and off stump line. Doing the normal tactic of bowling to batsmen's weaknesses and using 4 bars doesn't seem to work effectively in the 4th innings.
                I'll gvie that a go, I've found in a lot of games I struggle taking wickets in the fourth innings. When I'm batting it's realistic and I usually have a much tougher time but opponents seem to be batting better than they do in the first innings. Quite a few times I've bowled sides out for 100-200 in the first innings only to have them make 300-400 in the fourth.

Comment

Working...
                X