T20 Match Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 Match Engine

I dunno what has happened to this years t20 match engine but the batting is almost impossible. You always are 3-4 wickets down within the first 6 overs, even if you start defensive and try to make up the runs towards the end you just get out. I've tried most methods on both easy and normal mode but the same result always happens. Last years t20 match engine was near perfect i thought. Hopefully next year the t20 match engine can be improved.

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
    I dunno what has happened to this years t20 match engine but the batting is almost impossible. You always are 3-4 wickets down within the first 6 overs, even if you start defensive and try to make up the runs towards the end you just get out. I've tried most methods on both easy and normal mode but the same result always happens. Last years t20 match engine was near perfect i thought. Hopefully next year the t20 match engine can be improved.
    In t20s for batting, I put the highlights to "4 + w/c" and click next ball throughout until 20 overs are completed. For bowling I do the same, except I have the highlights only on "wickets only". I don't know whether what type of highlights option selected matters, but skipping overs by pressing "next over" or the space bar reduces performance in OD and t20 games significantly (especially batting wise). I don't know why, but it's something I've noticed on, at least, the last 2/3 versions of ICC.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
      In t20s for batting, I put the highlights to "4 + w/c" and click next ball throughout until 20 overs are completed. For bowling I do the same, except I have the highlights only on "wickets only". I don't know whether what type of highlights option selected matters, but skipping overs by pressing "next over" or the space bar reduces performance in OD and t20 games significantly (especially batting wise). I don't know why, but it's something I've noticed on, at least, the last 2/3 versions of ICC.
      I've not had any problems with my team's performance when I use space bar without any highlights.

Comment

There is no difference to the game if you watch or don't watch highlights. You're just seeing replays of what happened. Space bar, play over, bowl ball, auto-play all do the same thing too.

Comment

There is an advantage to playing ball by ball in the short form though, where you can react sooner to changes or other events.
          On possibly a separate note, i have a completely unproven theory that if you have a batsman that has just hit a boundary while batting on 3 bars, for the very next ball only you can put that batsman up to 7 bars with relatively more safety than at any other stage. Obviously the boundary scored would have slightly improved the settled rating, but i still feel there might a be a slight opportunity to hit out with less risk for that one ball! :-P

Comment

When bowling I always play ball-by-ball for 20 or 40/50 over games as exactly as it allows you to adjust fielding positions immediately.
            Many a time I have moved someone out to where the last boundary was scored and then stopped another shot in the same part of the ground to restrict the batsman to a single run ... it definitely works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
              There is no difference to the game if you watch or don't watch highlights. You're just seeing replays of what happened. Space bar, play over, bowl ball, auto-play all do the same thing too.
              It may not make a difference, but still worth a try. I've had all the same problems with finding T20s very difficult, but the methods I've mentioned almost certainly made a big difference.

Comment

As DVDDD has said, playing ball-by-ball gives you more time to adjust to the situation, there are no performance differences if you watch highlights or not.

Comment

Working...
                X