Glory Glory Northants CC - My Northants Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Glory Northants CC - My Northants Story

Hi guys, bit of a newbie on here, but here goes. Im born and bred from Northampton, UK, loved seeing us win the T20 last year. Ive selected to only play 4 day games (if you guys want me to, ill start a new one with all formats). This is my northants story! If anyone has any tips/requests on stats on my story, then please dont hesistate to ask! Obviously the first tasks were signing players, with a budget of 60k I was impressed. We managed to sign Chris Metters for 36k and Matthew Lineker for 24k.
    So we start our first game at home to durham. We have a few spinners (G. White, Metters and Middlebrook), so I set the groundsman to spinners wicket.
    The squad for out first game was:-
    S Peters (C)
    K Coetzer
    R Levi
    R Newton
    D Sales
    J Middlebrook (WK)
    D Murphy
    D Willey (OB1)
    C Metters
    M Azharullah (OB2)
    M Chambers

(c) = captain
    (wk) = wicket keeper
    (ob1) = opening bowler 1
    (ob2) = opening bowler 2

We lost the toss and bowled first. things got off to a good start with Willey picking up a wicket in his 3rd over, Stoneman caught 2nd slip by Peters for 1. at 50/1 I made a bowling change bringing Chambers and Metters on. Chambers then got the huge wicket of Sangakkara caught in the slips for 34, Durham now 73/2. At lunch on day 1 durham were 146-2 with Jennings on 61no & Borthwick on 43 no. Shortly after lunch Chambers removed Jennings for 75 leaving durham 185/3, the very next ball he claimed the wicket of Mustard for a golden duck!! With only 16 mins until the end of session 2 Metters for his first wicket for Northants getting Collingwood caught for 32. Tea day 1. Durham were 276/5 with Borthwick now on 114no. Straight after tea I brought Rob Newton on to bowl, who in his first over picked up the enormous wicket of Borthwick stumped for 118! Durham now on 278/6. Metters then picked up another wicket. After 80 overs and the new ball being available. I decided to take the new ball and bring Chambers + Willey back into the attack, which worked, with chambers getting a quick wicket. Durham were now at 350/8. Willey then claimed a wicket, then Metters with the last. Durham were 396 all out with 1 over left of play on day 1.
    Start of day 2 and with the score at 34, Peters was then trapped LBW by Onions, not the start id wanted, in the next over Levi was caught behind off Rushworth for 0, leaving us 39/2. At this point I was reminded of how realistic this game is!!! In Rushworth's next over, he bowled Newton for 5 leaving us on 49/3 . Sales and Coetzer then put on a 56 Partnership before Coetzer was stumped for 43. I decided to bring Willey in at number 6 and give him a chance up the order. Lunch day 2 and Northamptonshire were 108/4, in the first over after lunch, Onions picked up the wicket of Sales for 40, then shortly after had Willey caught for 5. I was in real trouble now, 127-6. Just 14 runs later middlebrook was caught for 11, Borthwick the bowler who soon picked up Murphy too leaving us 142-8. Metters and Azharullah put in an impressive 9th wicket stand of 54 before tea on day 2, but again after a break we lost another wicket, Metters lbw Borthwick for 20. At this point we were 196-9, still 51 runs needed to avoid the follow on, Borthwicks next ball had chambers out, Leaving us, 196 all out.
    Of course Durham asked us to follow on, so we started out 2nd innings which got off to a good start. Peters reaching 50 from 83 balls, and the county on 91 without loss. We survived the day out, and finished on 97/0.
    Start of day 3 with my confidence a little bit boosted by our first wicket stand, Coetzer then dispatched Graham Onion's first over for 13, Bring his 50 up. At the score of 121 Peters was then Caught behind off Borthwick. 2 Balls later, Levi was caught 2nd slip for 0, leaving him with a king pair! Rushworth then soon picked up the Wicket of Newton, with the county at 133/3, I was dissappointed! 46 runs later, Sales was dismissed by Borthwick who bowled Willey next ball!. Finally we had caught Durhams first innings up! In the last over before Lunch on day 3, Onions trapped Coetzer for a fine 88, the county ending up, 218/6 at Lunch on day 3, a mere 23 runs ahead. Half an hour after tea, Onions then struck again, removing Murphy. A few overs later, Middlebrook was out for a tidy 57, that man Borthwick again!!! At this point we were 75 runs ahead, and 275/8. Azharullah was then caught off Wood, leaving us 295/9, the tail then wagged a little bit, with Rushworth picking up the last wicket. We finished 336 all out.
    With only 137 to win, I had little confidence, Willey picked up a early wicket again. But at the end of day 3, Durham were already 78/1. Then soon progressed onto 120 before sangakkara was c+b Middlebrook for 72. With only 5 runs required for the win. Metters stuck, leaving Durham 131/3, but later that over, Stoneman hit a Boundary and ran 2 singles, to bring home a 7 wicket win for Durham!
    Scott Borthwick with MOTM (Man Of The Match) with bowling figures of 5-56 in our 1st innings and 5-97 in our second he also scored 118 in Durham's 1st innings.

I wasnt very happy after a loss in the first game, but oh well I will get some coaching for some of the players!

Thats all for this time. Will update you more, when im next online.
    Cheers!

P.S Happy ICC'ing

Great read mate

Any chance you could sort out the format for the next one into readable paragraphs.

Comment

Some screen shot of team's and final scorecard would be great to but makes a good read

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!
        Will try my best to enhance it on my next post which im working on now

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the the feedback, will try and get it involved in this episode!

So our next game was away against Yorkshire, a game I truly feared (seriously look at there line-up) Very reluctantly I decided not to make any changes, and give the lads another game together.

We won the toss, and elected to bat first as I was impressed with the opening stand of our 2nd innings last game. Unfortunately it didnt take long before Sidebottom got the wicket of Coetzer for 6, with only 2 runs on the board. In comes Levi who didnt last long, Patterson the bowler this time. Newton was then walking back to the changing rooms after just 6 balls. At this point we were 53/3. Peters and Sales then progressed us onto 106/3 at lunch on day 1, which overall, i was happy about, seems we were 53/3.

But again after the break we lost a wicket, that of Sales for a supporting 30. Sidebottom was then on a hat-trick after claiming the wicket of Middlebrook too. His hat-trick bal was a no-ball so luckily he didnt get his hattrick. After an impressive 46 6th wicket stand, our captain Peters was out for a fine 84 we had moved onto 175-6. In comes Willey, who I had alot of hope for, just 17 balls later, Sidebottom made a mess of his stumps, which left us on 189/7 on tea of day 1.

On resume of play, rain interupted play, resulting in us losing an hours play. 17 overs left in the day. Could we survive I wondered! after 5 more overs, again rain interupted us washing out play for the rest of the day!

So beginning of day 2, Murphy and Metters in batting, 199/7. How many more can we get. We managed 16 more runs before Sidebottom achieved his 5 wicket in the innings. In the next over Azharullah was out too leaving us on 218/9 with Murphy on 45. I then set his to aggressive which worked out well for us boosting us up to 266 all out, Murphy finish on 81no.

*******INNINGS CHANGE*************

Yorkshire got off to a shaky start losing Lee's for just 1, yet again Willey getting the early break through. It was then Lunch the over after, Yorks 4/1.

Willey then got the massive wicket of Root for just 2!! leaving them 10/2. Yorks were suddenly 50/2 at the blink of an eye, Ballance scoring quickly, Willey again got Lyth for 17. Azharullah then got himself a wicket, that of Ballance for a quick 40. Now Yorks were 64/4. Chambers got Bairstow for just 19 in his first ball Resulting in a total of 93/5. They soon progressed onto 136/5 at Lunch on day 2.

Straight after the break rain interupted play again washing out 1 and a half hours of play. With 4 overs left, Willey got his 4th Wicket leaving Yorks on 158/6. Williamson then helped them progress to 175/6 at close of play on day 2.

The score progressed to 207 before Plunkett went off retired hurt. Azharullah then had Patterson, With Williamson departing to lbw to Willey, his 5th wicket in the innings. Later in that over Willey got the final wicket. Yorks were 231 all out.

After that fine bowling performance, I had a grin on my face and felt pleasently suprised how we had got on.

******INNINGS CHANGE*******

With just half an hour to go until Lunch of day 3, we survived and ended up 25-0. We soon progressed to 50, and even 80 until out first wicket fell. Coetzer the batsmen to go. We then continued batting on until tea, the score at 116/1. We were 151 runs ahead. If only we could bat for the rest of the day!!!! Maybe stick Yorks back in for final 30 mins of day 3.

After just 2 overs after tea, Bad light stopped play this time, losing 51 mins. I then turned both my batsmen to 4 Bars aggression. To try and make a push for more runs. This having the affect of losing Levi first ball. With just 14 overs to go until close of play I again set the batsmen to the same aggression. This time having a positive affect putting alot more runs onto the board for us. 183/2 now.

Yet again we lost another hour and a half to rain on day 4. with Peters on 89no and Newton on 30no. I thought id let them reach there milestones then declare. Which brought us to lunch.

AGAIN we lost another hour and a half immediately to rain. I set Newton to 7 bars aggression, to get his 50. But he got out straight away so I declared. Peters reached his 100no, and we were 244 runs ahead. 209/3

*******INNINGS CHANGE************

With just over a 15 mins left of play until tea, if we had any chance of winning we had to get quick wickets. Willey got a wicket in the 5th over. Lees the batsmen. They were 16/1 with just one session left.

More rain after tea, 42 mins lost. Azharullah picked up the wicket of Root. Yorks on 65/2 but at end of play on 76/2 the match was concluded.

*******MATCH RESULT: MATCH DRAWN*******

Overall, I was happy with the boys. It wasnt a win, but without doubt they are one of the strongest teams in the division.
          Willey had a good game with the ball, Peters was outstanding with the bat earning Man Of The Match

Click image for larger version

Name:	Result.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	53372Click image for larger version

Name:	squad.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	53373
          Last edited by MrNorthantsCC; 09-06-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Home vs Lancashire.

Hello again!! 2 episodes in one day!!

Our next game was Home to Lancashire, ive decided to make one change. Levi out - Lineker in. He is in 4 star form!
            We lost the toss and had to bowl first.

No early breakthrough this time. Khawaja and Reece started to settle in bring Lancs to 79-1 before chambers broke through. Reece on his way back. Lancs soon progressed to 116/1 at lunch on day 1.

4 overs after lunch, chambers picked up the huge wicket of Khawaja who had progressed onto 80. But before I knew it, Lancs had progressed from 131/2 to 217/2 with both Prince and Buttler settled in and on 50 a piece. It wasnt until 282, we managed to get another wicket. Azharullah making a mess of Prince's stumps for a fine 88. Tea day 1, Lancs 313/3.

5 Overs after tea, Azharullah picker up another vital wicket, Buttler going for a painful 99!!!. 331/4 now. After 87 overs I took the new ball with the score on 393/4. Common boys! 43 mins left. New ball. Chambers and Willey on full stamina. Lets get some wickets!!!! Chambers bowled Horton for 47. But the score was 429/5 which progressed onto 445/5 at close of play.

Beginning of day 2 belonged to Lancs, until after an hour Willey found the edge of A'angelou's bat for a teriffic 119. Lancs now on 505/6. Another 61 was added until another wicket fell. Lunch day 2 things were looking grim for Northants. 575/7 the score.

Swiftly after lunch, Metters picked up 2 quick wickets, and Azharullah got 1 too to finish Lancs on 599 all out. We were gunna need some really really good batting from the team now.

******INNINGS CHANGE******

1 hour 20 mins until Tea on day 2, I wanted us to survive without any wickets until tea. My openers duely delivered! 74 without loss on tea.

After another 26 runs, with the score on 100. Kerrigan had Peters caught behing, leaving us 100/1. In come debutant Matthew Lineker who lasted 8 balls before Kerrigan got the better of him. 104/2 now. We then kept all wickets in-tact until end of day 2. Closing on 183/2 Coetzer on 78 and Newton reaching his 50

Things started off well for us, as we added another 47 runs until Newton was bowled by Kerrigan for a well played 79. Coetzer approaching his 100 on 96no when Newton departed. Coetzer then reached his 100, but was sadly bowled by Kerrigan for a well played 108. 255/4 the county had moved onto. Just 12 runs later Middlebrook then departed to Kerrigan who had all 5 of our wickets! 6 runs later Murphy was out for 0 too, this time Hogg with the wicket. We had gone from 230/3 to 273/6. I wasnt impressed! After 80 overs had passed, Lancs took the new ball, and Anderson picked up the wicket of Willey straight away. Lunch then came upon us, With the county 287/7.

We had managed to pile 68 more runs on, at the beginning of the session 2 of day 3. Until that man Kerrigan struck removing Sales who had played well for 74. We still needed 92 runs to avoid the follow on with 2 wickets left. Kerrigan then removed Azharullah, Anderson removed Chambers. The county ended up 374 all out. Which when you look at it, isnt a bad score it just isnt enough when youre chasing 600.

******INNINGS CHANGE******

Lancs decided to follow us on and after 1 over it was tea on day 3. The score on 8 without loss.

We progressed onto 44 until Anderson found the edge of Peter's bat. Lineker then came in, the debutant and played well helping Coetzer and himself bat out the rest of the day also progressing the conuty onto 104/1 at the end of day 3

He then soon reached first 50 for the club, before running Coetzer out for 75, the county on 168/2. In came Newton who like Lineker did, helped the team to the end of the session without losing a wicket, and progressing the score along nicely. Lunch day 4 we ended up 212-2.

Just 7 runs were added until Kerrigan bowled Lineker for a good 68. In came one David Sales, who smacked 4 consecutive boundaries off Kerrigan, in his first 4 balls! He was only on normal aggression too. After a super-fast 40 partnership of which sales blasted 33 of, Newton departed to Kerrigan again who was proving to be a handful for us to handle! 264/4 we were when Newton was out with an hour left of play until tea on day 4. Sales and Middlebrook helped us along to 326/4 at tea on day 4. We were only 101 runs infront so there was no way I was going to declare yet.

After tea I decided to go for it, and upped both batsmens aggression to around 5 bars. We soon reached 371 before sales was out to Kerrigan again, Middlebrook had reached his 50 too. 1 Hour 24 left, 146 runs ahead I then decided to Declare.

******INNINGS CHANGE*****

Before a ball was bowled I set both fields to defensive and bowled full middle to both batsmen to try and ensure then would get the runs. Azharullah struck as Lancs tried to attack, removing Khawaja, in his next ball he removed Buttler too. In his next over, He picked up Prince, A'angelou and Horton!!! I couldnt believe my eyes. 61/5 Lancs were with 36 mins left. Willey then removed Procter then I thought maybe, just maybe we could win. But Reece and Hogg started playing defensive and batted out a shaky draw for Lancashire who finished 86/6

******MATCH RESULT:MATCH DRAWN******

Overall, I thought we had recovered very very well. Impressive bowling by Azharullah and Willey in the final innings of the match was great to see. Also debutant Lineker got a fine 60. All in all, I think we have alot of positives to take from this game!

Cheers for reading guys!

Happy ICC'ing! Click image for larger version

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	53374Click image for larger version

Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	53375

Comment

That great mate

Comment

Away vs Notts-VERY CLOSE FINISH!!!!

Hello and welcome to my next episode!

We are away vs Nottinghamshire. Ive made 1 change at the moment, its quite a big one. David Willey is out (Fitness bar quite low) so ive brought Crook in to replace him.
                We lost the toss and Notts decided to Bowl first.
                Happy days! After our impressive opening stands last few games, im looking forward to this

******NORTHAMPTONSHIRE 1ST INNINGS******

Not off to the start I wanted to see, Peters dismissed by Siddle for 4. 6-1
                6 overs later, Siddle strikes again, this time Coetzer the man trapped for 9. 17-2
                Luckily for me, Lineker and Newton batted well, and kept the bowlers out until lunch of day 1. We ended up 77/2

7 overs after lunch, Lineker runs Newton out for a well played 50, 101/3 and impressive stand of 84 between these two
                Adams re-arranges Sales's stumps a few overs later, 102/4
                Lineker and Middlebrook work there way through the hard patch, and finish for tea on day 1 with the county 165-4

5 overs after lunch, Middlebrook reaches his 50 with the score on 178/4
                In Siddle's next over, he traps Middlebrook LBW for 56, departing score was 184/5, another good stand
                Lineker and Murphy see out the day. Impressed with Lineker today. He has stuck in and is 95no (273 balls)
                We finish the day on 242/5 (slow run rate i know!!)

5th over of day 2, Siddle sends Murphy's stumps cartwheeling. (thinking about swapping him for Duckett? what you guys think?)
                In comes crook, first game of the season.
                Lineker is caught behind by Adams for a helpful 107. leaving us 287/7
                Gurney gets his first of the game, Crook with a run a ball 39. 317/8
                WOW, the tail is wagging well today! Lunch time day 2 371/8 with Metters approaching 50!

The tail keeps wagging, but after a huge 98 9th wicket partnetship, Metters runs Azharullah out for 35, Metters is on 70no!!
                Chambers gets a goldie, leaving us 415 all out.
                Just looked at Metters stats as a BATSMEN (remembering he's a bowler)
                He has 173 runs at a 57 average!!! Also his highest ever score is 70no! congrats!

******INNINGS CHANGE:NOTTS 1ST INNINGS******

9 overs in, Chambers claims the wicket of one Alex Hales for 9! 20/1!!
                Jaques and Taylor survive until tea, with notts on 29/1

The pair put on a 103 partnership until Crook (in his first over) gets Jaques caught in the slips for 56, the score now 123/2
                Middlebrook then picks up the wicket of Mullaney for 15, with 4 overs left of the day. 154/3
                OHH, Crook then gets Wessels infront of his stumps LBW for 5, 167/4

3rd ball of day 3, Middlebrook strikes again, removing Taylor for a fine 75. 169/5

Lumb and Read then put on an impressive 122 stand before Middlebrook bowls Read for 58 leaving Notts 291/6

Metters then gets Lumb the next over, Suddenly the 2 'in' Batsmen are out, Notts are 291/7

Lunch day 3, notts finish 311/7

2 overs after the break, Crook strikes. Fletcher heading back to the stands. Crook picks up another wicket and Azharullah picks up the last wicket. Notts finished 333 all out, a healthy lead of 82 for us.

******INNINGS CHANGE:NORTHANTS 2ND INNINGS******

We almost managed to last until tea on day 3, 5 mins before the end. Peters is trapped lbw by Gurney. 57-1 at tea on day 3. I really wanted to be 200+ ahead by the end of the day to stand a chance of getting the win!

Just 4 overs since the break, Siddle removes Coetzer, not how I wanted to start. Adams soon then removed Linekers stumps, leaving us 77-3. Adams then sent Newton back. Fletcher then had Sales walking back. 92-5 now. Middlebrook and Murphy then seen out the rest of the day resulting in Northants finishing 147-5. 229 runs ahead. Im thinking reach 300 runs ahead then declare!

Few overs into the 4th day, Siddle trapped Middlebrook for 40. 169-6. Ive decided to set to batsmen to aggressive!! Adams soon removed Murphy 177-7. I blinked Siddle picked up the wickets of Crook and Metters, Gurney the wicket of Chambers. 275 needed for a Notts win.

******INNINGS CHANGE:NOTTS 2ND INNINGS******

Dream start, Azharullah gets Hales, Notts 12-1. Jaques and Taylor survived until Lunch on day 4. Notts finishing on 44-1.

First ball after lunch, Azharullah sends Taylor backing 44-2! Just 2 balls laters, Azharullah then gets Jaques too! 49-3 Notts now on. Crook then sends Wessels back for just 1. 50-4 now Notts. Azharullah then gets Mullaney too!! 58-5. Annoyingly rain spoilt the rest of the session. I was expecting yet another draw! BUT 3 overs after the break. Azharullah gets read. With just 8 overs left on day 4. Metters gets Adams. 150-7 now. Chambers then sends Lumb packing for a well played 65. With just 4 overs left Chambers got ANOTHER wicket that of Fletcher 159-9 now Notts. They managed to bat out for a draw finishing on 171-9.

******MATCH RESULT:MATCH DRAWN******

Again I was pleased with the boys. Great bowling in the 2nd innings and a solid 1st innings batting performance. The win will come soon!

Thanks for reading Click image for larger version

Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	53381

UNFORTUNATELY I CANNOT UPLOAD THE RESULT SCREENSHOT. SOME REASON IT COMES UP WITH A ! AND DOESNT UPLOAD?!
                Last edited by MrNorthantsCC; 09-07-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Home vs Middlesex

Hi guys.
                  Have decided to try a new way of posting my games on here to make it a bit quicker for you to read. Can revert back to the old ways if you want, just let me know!

Last game we had yet another draw, so ive decided to make 4 changes this game. Unfortunately Azharullah is out injured for 7 days, so he isnt playing, Stone coming in for him. Newton's fitness and form is down quite a bit, so ive brought Willey back to see how he gets on. Levi has replaced Middlebrook. Also decided to give Duckett a chance being wicket keeper.

Down to business, We won the toss, and on a pitch where the outfield was slow I decided to bowl first.

DAY 1

Lunch Day 1
                  Middlesex 89 for 3.
                  Robson 37no
                  Crook 2-30

Pretty average session. Glad to have 3 though.

Tea Day 1
                  Middlesex 190-4
                  Robson 93no
                  Chambers 2-40

Only 1 wicket lost and they have piled on the runs. Robson has been playing very well

Close Day 1
                  Middlesex 303-7
                  Robson 125
                  Chambers 3-73

Picked up the vital wicket of Robson, Willey's only wicket so far. New ball has been taken.

DAY 2

INNINGS CHANGE
                  Middlesex 309 all out.
                  Chambers 5-77

Didnt take long this morning to bowl them out. Chambers cleaning up, finished with a well deserved 5 for.

Lunch Day 2
                  Northants 69-2
                  Peters 37no
                  Murtagh 1-17

Didnt really want to lose a wicket before lunch, but oh well. Lets try and pile the runs on and finish infront by the end of day 2

Tea Day 2
                  Northants 177-6
                  Peters 79
                  Patel 2-34

Not more wickets!! Although Crook and Willey are both getting settled in together on 4 bar aggression. This could be explosive!

INNINGS CHANGE
                  Northants 239 all out
                  Peters 79
                  Patel 4-66

Willey ended up 46no. Not where i wanted to be but 41 mins left in day 2. Could we get a coupe of quick wickets?

Close Day 2
                  Middlesex 41-0
                  Balbirnie 23no
                  Robson 14no

Unfortunately no wickets before end of play. Really could do with some early wickets tomorrow morning, as Middlesex are 111 in front already.

DAY 3

Lunch Day 3
                  Middlesex 136-3
                  Stirling 38
                  Chambers 1-12

Mainly Middlesex's Morning, only positive is we got the batsmen out before they got settled and into the 50/60's.

Tea Day 3
                  Middlesex 240-7
                  Denly 45
                  Stone 2-21

Luckily Stone picked up 2 wickets in the over before tea otherwise we would be in real trouble!

INNINGS CHANGE
                  Middlesex 291 all out.
                  Denly 45
                  Chambers 3-51

Didnt put many more on the board until Willey picked himself up to claim some late wickets. Dont want ANY wickets going by the end of the day ideally! We require 362 runs to win. We have a while day to get them in, so im going to take my time, and hope we can get them!

Close Day 3
                  Northants 41-0
                  Peters 23no
                  Lineker 13no

Perfect, just what I wanted to see!

DAY 4

Lunch Day 4
                  Northants 121-2
                  Peters 49
                  Finn 2-45

Not a bad start, lets hope to keep improving all the way up to tea!

Tea Day 4
                  Northants 266-6
                  Lineker 85
                  Patel 3-75

Levi failing with the bat again. Getting a golden duck, wont be signing him next season! Will be swapping him out of the team for some coaching and 2nd Team action after this game. Lets hope Willey and Crook can help us to victory.

Close Day 4
                  Northants 361-9
                  Willey 72
                  Patel 4-97

DONT BELIEVE IT, we only needed 1 more run to win and we didnt get it. Disappointed to say the very least!

MATCH RESULT-MATCH DRAWN.....AGAIN

Comment

Hi again, another new post!
                    Sorry I forgot completely about posting team pic/result pic up on last post. It will be on this one I promise.
                    2 changes since last game. Levi out - Kettleborough is making his Debut for us. Metters is out White is in. Were home to Yorkshire, lets hope we can get something out of this one.

Northants won the toss and elected to bat.

Day 1

Lunch Day 1
                    Northants 96-5
                    Sales 41no
                    Patterson 2-28

What an awful start. Lets hope we can return the favour when we bowl!

INNINGS CHANGE
                    Northants 162 all out
                    Sales 57
                    Ashraf 3-24

Bowlers were just too good for us, we had no answer!

Tea Day 1
                    Yorkshire 10-0
                    Lees 7no
                    Lyth 3no

Lets get the wickets tumbling boys!

Close Day 1
                    Yorkshire 172-7
                    Lees 63
                    Crook 4-69

What a great session! Lets pick the last 3 wickets up quickly lads. Want us batting by lunch!

DAY 2

INNINGS CHANGE
                    Yorkshire 185 all out
                    Lees 63
                    White 4-19

YES! Superb bowling boys. Although I am worried the pitch may be reported! Lets not lose a wicket until after lunch!

Lunch Day 2
                    Northants 79-2 (56 runs ahead)
                    Peters 33no
                    Ashraf 2-31

Not too bad, would like to be still batting at the end of the day, with a healthy lead.

Tea Day 2
                    Northants 182-5 (159 runs ahead)
                    Peters 76no
                    Ashraf 3-56

Common guys, lets keep these two batsmen in, Willey and Peters. I want to see them both coming back together at the end of the day!

Close Day 2
                    Northants 263-7
                    Peters 78
                    Ashraf 5-75

We cant keep Ashraf quiet for just 1 session at the moment. Willey looking settled in on 44

INNINGS CHANGE
                    Northants 304 all out.
                    Willey 72no
                    Ashraf 6-90

Not too bad. Yorks need 282 runs to win. Lets hope we can bowl as well as we did last innings. The pitch isnt looking good for batting and its overcast, so who knows what will happen!

Lunch Day 3
                    Yorkshire 0-0

Common guys lets get them wickets like we did last innings!

Tea Day 3
                    Yorkshire 135-2
                    Rashid 60no

We need to get quick wickets, otherwise I can see Yorkshire winning this

Close Day 3
                    Yorkshire 276-8
                    Rashid 81
                    Crook 4-56

Only 15 runs needed, but 2 wickets to go. Bowlers on top too! Lets win this!

DAY 4

Match Result
                    Yorkshire win by 2 wickets.

Man of the match goes to M Ashraf.

I was honestly gutted we lost this game. I thought we stood a good chance. Hopefully we can win the next game.Click image for larger version

Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	53398Click image for larger version

Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	53399

Comment

Working...
                    X