No task is too challenging - An Essex story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCD2 – Glamorgan – Cardiff
    We only made one change with Cowe coming in for an out of form Napier, Masters is on watch though. They batted first and only Bragg and Walters made any impression. Cowe grabbed 4 on debut.
    There were contributions through Essex’s innings the best being Pettini’s unbeaten hundred. Allenby scored 87 in the 2nd innings as the two spinners got 6 wickets between them.

Batting Award: Mark Pettini – great hundred
    Bowling Award: Dan Cowe – great bowling on debut
    Championship State: Still 4th. Next up Kent at home.

Comment

Hi I've been loving all the stories that go up so Dw there is loads of people viewing them and liking them!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukesspurs View Post
        Hi I've been loving all the stories that go up so Dw there is loads of people viewing them and liking them!
        Thanks mate!

Comment

If the England captaincy should come my way, what should I do? I will leave that up to the forum to decide (I will only do it in the off-season if so).

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
            If the England captaincy should come my way, what should I do? I will leave that up to the forum to decide (I will only do it in the off-season if so).
            Use it to develop your current Essex players in off season I do !

Comment

Originally posted by Lukesspurs View Post
              Use it to develop your current Essex players in off season I do !
              Yeah, I might do that, I'll leave it up to the forum, it would definitely be an Essex based side!

Comment

20-20 update
                We didn’t do great although we were not far from the quarters and who knows what would have happened.

Comment

CCD2 – Kent – Chelmsford
                  We play Kent making two changes, Cook and Bopara are in for Moore and ten Doeschate. We batted first and Westley played a good knock unbeaten on 54 but the rest was nothing to write home about. Kent didn’t do much better with Topley having a timely return to form. Cook and Ryder then scored well but a familiar batting collapse occurred and we had to defend 261. We couldn’t quite manage it as everyone got starts.

Batting Award: Alistair Cook – nothing special though
                  Bowling Award: Reece Topley – timely return to form for Topley
                  Championship State: Might keep this secret to lead up to the big announcement. Next up Leics in Leicester

Comment

CCD2 – Leics – Leicester
                    We go into this with an unchanged team (first of the season, I think) and play a strong Leics outfit. Batting first, we were in strife at 125-5 before we were rescued by Westley and Foster. Foster ended up scoring a brilliant century.
                    Either side of the stand, our bowling was great but Eckersley and Thakor batted us out of the game with a 324 run stand. If it wasn’t for one of our partnerships in the second innings, we would be all out for 66! Thankfully, Pettini and Westley combined for a 171 run stand to at least give us a chance.
                    It wasn’t much of a chance though and Leics chased down the total with ease.

Batting Award: Tom Westley – great knocks
                    Bowling Award: Reece Topley – got breakthroughs in both innings
                    For the final game we play table toppers Worcs at home.

Comment

A disappointing campaign to say the least.

Comment

CCD2 – Worcs – Worcester
                        Fielding an unchanged team, we win the toss and bat first. The whole team really was in amongst the runs with Mickleburugh and Westley playing the best. Ali and New then scored majestic centuries to keep the deficit with touching distance. Then, we set Worcs 244 in 50 overs but they didn’t go for it, just playing out a draw. Only Panesar could break through. But does that give us enough points to be promoted. Tomorrow, all will be revealed.

Batting Award: Tom Westley – batted well in both innings
                        Bowling Award: Reece Topley – bowled well in the first innings

Comment

And promoted teams are…

Kent snuck in but maybe next year after I fix up the squad we will have a better chance.

Comment

Bowling Awards:
                            Reece Topley: 11 – My Man of the championship, well bowled
                            Dan Cowe: 1 – Great future prospect
                            Monty Panesar: 1 – Decent and consistent throughout but nothing special
                            David Masters: 1 – Injured for a while, but had a good return before a loss of form
                            Graham Napier: 1 – A real disappointment although snuck an award early, when everyone else failed
                            Ravi Bopara: 1 – A handy part timer, unfortunately he had a lot of England duty.
                            Batting Awards:
                            Jaik Mickleburugh: 4 – Very well played, held the batting line-up together
                            Tom Westley: 3 – If only he wasn’t injured most of the season (sigh)
                            Jesse Ryder: 3 – Very good until NZ called him up, after which he dropped form
                            Alistair Cook: 2 – Pretty substandard for the England Captain, expecting a lot more next season
                            Ravi Bopara: 2 – I need England to contract him, but batted well
                            Mark Pettini: 1 – consistent in the lower middle order
                            Fawad Alam: 1 – a good replacement while Ryder was away
                            James Foster: 1 - Did his job adequately, decent keeper batsman but ageing so I may need some good back up

Contracts soon

Comment

Contracts (Part 1): Kiran cut a lot of the squad, as the group of overseas players that performed so well were all cut in a surprising move. Kiran also cut Hassan, Velani, Browne, Bowles, Smith, Park, Sikander, Salisbury and Craddock from the team. Philips decided to retire.

With his drastic overhaul, Kiran needed to back up his decision with some signings and he did signing 2 youth players, Simon Gregson, who has an average of 71.6 in the second team and a bowler by the name of Steve Corbett, a medium pacer with an average of 12 with the ball, he can also bat and will play a major role in the team. Kiran was impressed with Dan Cowe’s performance and so renewed his contract on a long-term deal, while Moore was sent to the transfer market. In transfer news, as expected Park found a home at Kent and Craddock was signed for a much higher price than he was wanting on a long-term deal to Surrey. Bowles also found a new home at Durham on a 2 year deal. Somerset had no hesitation in signing Browne. Kiran, in a big move signed Craig Kieswetter on a 3 year deal. This fills the wicket keeping void left by Park, Kiran is also rumoured to be looking at Bairstow, as well as Sangakkarra and de Villiers for the overseas slots as well as Dale Steyn.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                                Contracts (Part 1): Kiran cut a lot of the squad, as the group of overseas players that performed so well were all cut in a surprising move. Kiran also cut Hassan, Velani, Browne, Bowles, Smith, Park, Sikander, Salisbury and Craddock from the team. Philips decided to retire.

With his drastic overhaul, Kiran needed to back up his decision with some signings and he did signing 2 youth players, Simon Gregson, who has an average of 71.6 in the second team and a bowler by the name of Steve Corbett, a medium pacer with an average of 12 with the ball, he can also bat and will play a major role in the team. Kiran was impressed with Dan Cowe’s performance and so renewed his contract on a long-term deal, while Moore was sent to the transfer market. In transfer news, as expected Park found a home at Kent and Craddock was signed for a much higher price than he was wanting on a long-term deal to Surrey. Bowles also found a new home at Durham on a 2 year deal. Somerset had no hesitation in signing Browne. Kiran, in a big move signed Craig Kieswetter on a 3 year deal. This fills the wicket keeping void left by Park, Kiran is also rumoured to be looking at Bairstow, as well as Sangakkarra and de Villiers for the overseas slots as well as Dale Steyn.
                                Kieswetter - great move

Comment

Working...
                                X