X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.06 Database errors

Please update your game.

The database updates in 14.06 will only apply to new save games. Existing save games will still work, they just won't take on these changes.

DVDDD mentioned Jesse Ryder being made in to all-rounder. He really hasn't been bowling much of late, perhaps just nobble his bowling a bit?

Posted this in main patch thread before, but will place it here instead:
    Ansari is still not listed as an opener. Is he still awful with the bat as well, which is quite harsh on a player averaging over fifty this season at the top of the order. I would really like to be able to use him, as hew went to my school and came through the youth system at my club...

Comment

I had left him because we can't make him an opener in FC only, shall I make him an opener in all formats? He doesn't open in short formats, does he?

Comment

No, bats at eight. But my view is that it's better to have him able to open in FC, as you're unlikely to use him in that role in one day due to his defensive style. Also, Dilshan listed as Keeper rather than all-rounder. Thanks for the quick response, especially as I sounded a bit whiny.

Comment

Not a problem. Always a bit trickier with less clear cut issues to know what is the right thing to do. I hate mid-season retirements for this reason. I've retired Steve Kirby in this release because he hasn't played this season, even though he technically retired mid-season.

Other mid-season retirements will be left if they've played a match after 1st April.

Comment

Not really sure where to put this, but for the T20 Campaign, Worcestershire played in a black and blue kit rather than the green one they are in on ICC 2014. Not a major issue but still thought I should mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              Please update your game.

The database updates in 14.06 will only apply to new save games. Existing save games will still work, they just won't take on these changes.

DVDDD mentioned Jesse Ryder being made in to all-rounder. He really hasn't been bowling much of late, perhaps just nobble his bowling a bit?
              That'll do nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                Not a problem. Always a bit trickier with less clear cut issues to know what is the right thing to do. I hate mid-season retirements for this reason. I've retired Steve Kirby in this release because he hasn't played this season, even though he technically retired mid-season.

Other mid-season retirements will be left if they've played a match after 1st April.
                It sounds like a tough job. All credit to you guys for the engagement with the community and making changes based on suggestions from the forums. I particularly enjoyed seeing changes based on my feedback in the updated database.

Comment

Prosper Utseya is quite underrated, can't even break into the Zimbabwean team, Alistair Cook also seems to be a bit underrated

Comment

Luke Pomersbach is still in the game playing for QLD even though IRL he's retired due to mental health reasons. Probably a good idea to retire him from the game.
                    Ryan Sidebottom (Victoria) is possibly a bit over-rated considering he's only played once for the Vics. Possibly mixed up with the English cricketer of the same name, rating-wise?
                    Jesse Ryder has bowled a fair amount for Essex. I think it'd be pretty reasonable to call him an all-rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      Luke Pomersbach is still in the game playing for QLD even though IRL he's retired due to mental health reasons. Probably a good idea to retire him from the game.
                      Ryan Sidebottom (Victoria) is possibly a bit over-rated considering he's only played once for the Vics. Possibly mixed up with the English cricketer of the same name, rating-wise?
                      Jesse Ryder has bowled a fair amount for Essex. I think it'd be pretty reasonable to call him an all-rounder.
                      Get in !!!

I guess it's not possible to have ppl who bowl in certain formats but not all eg FC games
                      ... Bit like openers in 20/20 and One day

Comment

Lewis Hill (Leics) should be a keeper
                        I still think Groenewald should be at Somerset - he's not played for Derby all season and is joining Somerset next season.
                        Jackson Bird is still called "Jack" Bird in the game!
                        Thanks for the other changes though - looks good.

Comment

Not a database error, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. It doesn't really work having the score below the top of the bar on the player's form pages. When a batsmen gets a really low score or a bowler doesn't take any wickets, their score or figures are obscured by the bottom axis of the chart. The scores and figures might look slightly better above the bar.

Comment

Yeah in general whilst I think the new interface has a lot going for it the form pages in general are super ugly and don't look anywhere near as nice as they used to. Definitely worth working on in the future.

Comment

wondering if groenewald has been moved to Somerset yet and if tom abell is in the Somerset squad?

Comment

Working...
                              X