Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2014 version 14.06 released (first patch)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2014 version 14.06 released (first patch)

Hello all,

You should now all be prompted to update the game through Steam. You will need Steam in Online mode to get this update.

14.06 fix list:

Database changes as suggested by the forum
    Fixed “pure virtual” error
    Fixed highlight exiting early issue
    Grid-views remember position after Player Profile
    County Championship draw points updated
    Fixed Indian 20 over additional matches issue
    Added Bangladesh to national team choice
    Added missing opener text to batting preferences
    Retains previous user team selection for 20ov/FC/OD only saves
    Fixed text corruption in Indian 20 over contracts
    Fixed retain/offer captaincy
    Fixed highlighting of technique training
    Fixed missing batting card label
    Updated Australian FC points system

Updating, hopefully this will give us a good idea why the game won't work for some of us on Vista!!

Comment

Just got the 'Pure Virtual Function Call' error again. Previously it had happened every 2 games, this time it was around the 6th game in a row. Again, occurring whilst I was pressing the space bar to bowl overs.

I have already updated the game as well through steam.

Comment

That's upsetting. Do you keep the space bar pressed down, press it fast, or just press it when the last over is over.

Comment

Just at the end of the over. Not held down or overly quickly. Was a noticeable improvement from original game but unfortunately still happened

Comment

Ah - I thought you meant it happened six games in a row. That's a relief. Sounds like we've caught the main one. I'll look for other places where the same thing could happen. I have some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Did the crash happen in the middle of a game or at an interval?

Comment

This update does not address the crash at startup errors. The member of our team who was looking at this was ill on Friday, so we'll have another update early next week.

Comment

Would I need to restart a new game for "County Championship draw points updated"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                  Ah - I thought you meant it happened six games in a row. That's a relief. Sounds like we've caught the main one. I'll look for other places where the same thing could happen. I have some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Did the crash happen in the middle of a game or at an interval?
                  Haha, oh no just the once. Not a problem, seems like it's definitely getting there. Other than this function error I'm extremely happy with the game and can see the substantial improvement and work that you have taken.

It was in the middle of a game; I was casually toiling away with my Worcestershire bowling attack on an unfriendly wicket and the error randomly occurred. The error has never actually occurred for me during an interval, which it seems to have for others on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post
                    Would I need to restart a new game for "County Championship draw points updated"
                    No - the new version re-calculates the points for the current season of an old save.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Turner View Post
                      Haha, oh no just the once. Not a problem, seems like it's definitely getting there. Other than this function error I'm extremely happy with the game and can see the substantial improvement and work that you have taken.

It was in the middle of a game; I was casually toiling away with my Worcestershire bowling attack on an unfriendly wicket and the error randomly occurred. The error has never actually occurred for me during an interval, which it seems to have for others on the forum.
                      Do you play with highlights on? Can you post a screenshot of the whole screen (not just the error) next time it happens

Comment

Are they supposed to use a white ball in County Championship matches?
                        That's what I'm getting here.
                        But what's worse is that the batsmen are thrashing the ball around and scoring at over 5 runs per over.

Perhaps the OD logic somehow got into the FC logic?
                        Last edited by GrahamB; 08-17-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                          Are they supposed to use a white ball in County Championship matches?
                          That's what I'm getting here.
                          But what's worse is that the batsmen are thrashing the ball around and scoring at over 5 runs per over.

Perhaps the OD logic somehow got into the FC logic?
                          The scoring rate has slowed with the loss of a few quick wickets. Perhaps Carberry and Vince just felt in aggressive mood.

Comment

I noticed this white ball issue once. I saved the game so we could trace the bug, but the ball was red when I loaded it back in. I'll put it on the list. It's a cosmetic bug only.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              Hello all,

You should now all be prompted to update the game through Steam. You will need Steam in Online mode to get this update.
                              Does this simply mean you open steam to do the update rather than doing the update via the game?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X