County championship bowlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County championship bowlers

Still fairly new to this great game and I was hoping that I could get some help in terms of what best areas of attributes to look at when signing new bowlers,I find am not progressing in this area of the game.
    batting improves but bowling I struggle to bowl any teams out and either have many draws or loses.
    I only play first class as this is my preferred format.

In a nutshell great SR% coupled with economy. A decent Ave will follow. FC bowlers SR% normally run around the 50’s so look for bowlers achieving 40’s.

In the FC 4 day game there is a higher percentage of draws. Sometimes due to circumstances beyond player (your) control, namely rain delays. Also when the oppo or yourself set a batting track, these normally result in a draw. PLUS the game lasts 4 days not 5, so yes you often run out of time to force victory! Don’t get too discouraged, I’ve won the FC league with as many as 9 drawn games.
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Yorkie; 01-18-2023, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
      In a nutshell great SR% coupled with economy. A decent Ave will follow. FC bowlers SR% normally run around the 50’s so look for bowlers achieving 40’s.

In the FC 4 day game there is a higher percentage of draws. Sometimes due to circumstances beyond player (your) control, namely rain delays. Also when the oppo or yourself set a batting track, these normally result in a draw. Don’t get too discouraged, I’ve won the FC league with as many as 9 drawn games.
      Hope it helps.
      Thanks for this,so when entering contracts look for SR% - economy with say around a 25 Avg ..? Also as I’m New I’m guessing SR% is ref to wicket taking ? Is around 20.5 a good SR% ? I have Topley/ Wil Davis who are around that kind of SR% ..

Comment

Yes that’s correct.
        So bowling SR% is a measurement of a bowlers Ave number of balls bowled for every wicket taken. Lower the SR% then a bowler can get more batsmen out with fewer balls! (Wickets = wins).
        Its an important factor for longer games.

Most FC bowlers in the game hover in the 50’s as a SR% so look for bowlers in the 40’s, there are a few maybe in the 30’s. BUT look at how many games these guys have played. Career stats, not ‘this year’ plus over fifty games under their belts. It takes a while for stats to become accurate. You might find a guy Ave 20 SR% but looking closer they will have only played a handful of games at FC. That will thus deteriorate.

Check Topley & Davis SR% again, 20.5 is T20 SR! They cannot have these numbers in FC if they’ve played over 50 matches as stated above.
        Last edited by Yorkie; 01-18-2023, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Ok in regards to focusing on the above stats,if I am focussing on only playing county championship do I only need to look at fc stats or always take in consideration their x2 XI nd 3day also ?

Comment

Your tips & info working wonders here mate currently top of division 1 ! Here is my current bowlers who in particular Ben aitchison has been superb.

Comment

So 2nd 11 3 Day stats give an indication yes, but actual FC stats never lie so ponder them both. Noticed Currie is at 37.9SR%, that’s awesome so keep hold of him! Porter will always get wickets too.

Hey just glad you’re having a bit more success as there’s nothing worse than losing all the time. Try and find a spinner around the 40’s SR and you’ll be ok..

Comment

My current position in Div1 !

Comment

Reinforced my bowling at contracts, now taking more points than my batting, so will look at batting next contracts and so on…
                  This then brings continuity

Comment

Excellent! Thanks mate and Yorkshire flying there ! I will certainly look to bring a spinner,I find SLA more effective than a LS OR OS …
                    pls post a couple of pics of your current squad as I’m sure you got some stars in there .

Comment

This season’s T20 Blast!!
                      For those that say the T20 game is broken. I very much doubt it. Have a go at T20 giallo not as hard as you think.

Comment

Excellent That’s impressive! Great to see it done ! I’m going to try another save with FC/T20 I’ll BRB !

Comment

giallo look out for this guy at contracts, SLA and awesome! Had him in most of my saves, 39 SR% for FC. A must sign Overseas.
                          Last edited by Yorkie; 01-23-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Nice ! Superb stats! … looks great at all formats too.
                            I have this guy currently who’s performing really well.
                            just another question that’s been bugging me,the default team select at the start of the FC Championship.
                            does this team reflect best performers or most inform ? Little confused with it.

Comment

I’ve always interpreted it as the strongest side chosen by the game A/I. Someone’s got to make the starting 11, the game can see attributes we cannot, so it puts these guys in for us.
                              So best performers in that format. Make a note of that lineup, but it’s not set in ‘tablets of stone’ so don’t be afraid to change it. I’m sure you are changing it!

Comment

Working...
                              X