Dropped Catches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped Catches

Possibly been mentioned previous, but think there’s a little too many dropped catches, especially in longer formats on 22 version. I know this happens occasionally irl, but for me this could do with tweaking back a little for 23, same as the ‘caught and bowled’ chance was acknowledged and reduced previous to 22.
    Most games I’m getting 4 or 5 drops no matter how hard I train players in catching! It’s annoying and unrealistic.
    Thoughts guys?
    Last edited by Yorkie; 01-09-2023, 01:52 PM.

There was a discussion about dropped catches a year or so ago in the CC21 thread. I believe the conclusion to that thread was that CC actually has lower rates of dropped catches than in real life: CC has a drop rate of 6-14% from some observations compared to 20-30% depending on the type of pitch in real life. Just thinking back to the recent AUSvsSA Test, there were several dropped catches I recall.

For me, the issue is the animation of the dropped catches. There seem to be around six catch animations in CC, two that involve the player standing still, one diving in the slips, one diving in the outfield, one running back in the outfield, and two in a short catching position. Anecdotally, those animations seem to have similar drop rates and the simple catch animations are more common so there are more sitters dropped in CC compared to difficult chances. I would personally feel better about dropped chances if they had a diving animation compared to a simple one since those drops seem to happen more often (slips drop ~30% of chances in real life).

Overall, I think dropped catches are okay in CC, just the animation of three simple catches being dropped is frustrating to see compared to a ball brushing past the third slip's fingers. The rate of each catching animation should be tweaked before the actual rate of dropped catches in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X