Player Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Development

Apart from looking at stats in second XI, its impossible understand if a player is going to be any good. is there a way you could develop a system so we can see a players potential, skills growth rates etc to work out if they are worth investing in?

i saw a post about someone helping with regens and stats, would be great to flesh this out

You can't look up skills and ratings in real life, so you can't in CC and that's how it should be.

The only thing I would like to see is if you've invested in youth development, have a scout recommend you a player who has 'good technique', 'powerful boundary hitting', 'great defensive bowling', or something similar. We know that stats don't tell everything and aren't the best measure of ability, but a scout giving you advice is something that happens in real life.

Comment

yes, thats true in part. but in real like there is more to evaluating a player than just statistics. players lack personality and without having tags to showcase skills and or potential it gets messy wondering if you should stick with a player. someone like stephen flemming always made starts and 50s but never went on with it to make a big score (9 100s 46 50s) vs someone who gets lots of single digit scores but lots of centuries, even if the average is the same

all we have is average, strike rate, centuries, fifties and some batting preferences - like the post i did on game improvement ideas

by adding personalities to players you can build a unique squad so each player has a role. someone like michael bevan in the middle order to anchor an innings and rotate the strike or adam gilchrist to go berserk at the start to get a quick start
      Last edited by kellpa; 12-11-2022, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X