Regens Quantity and Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regens Quantity and Budget

One thing i like to do (which is unusual) is to sack everyone at the club and build a team from scratch with uncapped regens

Regarding spending on coaching to get better quality players, i was wondering if we could get more players generated to choose from rather than just the handful we get at the start of the season and one or two mid season?

Surely there are hundreds of players who want to join, higher coaching budget could give access to more players to choose from, but not necessarily superstars.

it would also be nice to direct the 'coach' to scout players of a particular type, if you have a hole at spin bowling you should be able to influence they quantity of regens you get. finding keepers is usually hard
    Last edited by kellpa; 12-09-2022, 05:23 AM.

There are already way too many regen players in game in my opinion.

Comment

i find that putting coaching on 'high' guarantees you a good player. if it just gave more players to choose from, it evens out the odds so a generational player is harder to find, but you are more likely to be able to fill positions of need with an average player. i am not asking from more amazing players, just more to choose from. this way, the odds of getting a good player is fixed, all coaching does is give you more to choose from. if most are average to bad, they wont last in teams. in real life there are heaps of players trying to get into the top level

its frustrating when you need a rare position like allrounder or keeper, they never appear when you only have 1 or 2 players to choose from

Comment

I’m with Lynx54321. Way too many regens already. I’ve done work identifying regens within my saves and after a couple of years there are hundreds!

Comment

under this proposal, not all regens will actually make it to a club. by fixing the chances of high end talent there is a bigger range to choose from and gives you a chance to fill holes in your squad. if you max budget on the academy you are practically guaranteed to have 2 generational players each year. this is what makes the rate of regens too high. by fixing the chance of regens and have the budget offer more players, most wont end up on a squard as they wont be good enough, there will be a few that will be stopgap to cover short terms a handfull that are good and a rare chance of a generational player. this makes it easier to fill holes in your squad when you need a positional player but reduces the overall amount of good player. it should reduce the amount of regens - particularly high end players as most wont be good enough to sign on long term deals. but allows you to fill squad holes

Comment

I always have my youth budget set on £10k, the minimum, and most seasons I’m still getting 2 regens per season! Some are great, some are terrible. I’m not convinced with any version, and I’ve played most, that increasing coaching budget gives better quality youths?
            Your idea will still create a host of regens, but most won’t be good enough to get a club? But they’re still in the game unless I’m missing something here?
            And sadly some will be playing for their country after just 2 seasons which is totally unrealistic.

Comment

if you set the budget to 50k, you will still see 2 players but they are likely to be better. i have seen batsmen routinely come out with 50+ batting averages and occasionally in the 60s and 70s. you are practically guaranteed to get amazing players hence squads get spammed with regens within a few years.

thats right, it will create more regens but most wont be good enough to get to a club so they go uncontracted and disappear during the season. there may have to be some sort of internal programming that if a player doesnt get contracted in 2 seasons they are ditched from the database to reduce the off season contracting, that shouldn't be too hard - so offseason isn't a flood of poor players.

coaching would impact the quantity of players, not the quality. this way you aren't almost guaranteed to get amazing players when the budget is set to high. you can fix the chance of quality players so you don't get spammed with generational talent all the time. the difference between a low and high coaching budget be something like 2-6 players. the advantage of this is you can fill holes in your squad easily as positions like allrounders and wicketkeepers are rare

yes, having the majority of an international team full of regens after a few seasons is unrealistic, this system would stop that by programing a fixed rate of generational good regen players so its rare to get good players. but you would get enough average players to replace key positions so you don't have to forever resetart to get a decent wicketkeeper. i find that after 5 seasons there aren't any keepers left

Comment

I'd happily bin off the starting pool of regens at the start of the season for starters. Or at least have the option of turning off the first contract window.

Comment

Originally posted by kellpa View Post
                  One thing i like to do (which is unusual) is to sack everyone at the club and build a team from scratch with uncapped regens
                  Me too. In every savegame, my focus is on nurturing regens to glory. I've played more or less every PC version of the game since the original International Cricket Captain (1998), and this remains my favorite way to play the game.

I particularly remember several of the popular "Scenarios" shared online for ICC2 (1999) were related to massive walkouts of entire squads, or teams sacking all their more experienced players.

It's a shame this kind of creativity largely disappeared from the community around a decade ago. The loudest voices these days seem to demand realism in preference to gameplay.

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
                  And sadly some will be playing for their country after just 2 seasons which is totally unrealistic.
                  Rehan Ahmed is currently playing his Test debut for England after only 3 appearances in county cricket. And at least 104 players have debuted in Test cricket before their 19th birthday, so perhaps it's not so unusual for inexperienced players to play international cricket.

Then there's a whole separate issue of how much gameplay should be sacrificed in the name of realism. A 100% realistic cricket sim would be a highly stressful full-time job, which only a very select group of former professionals would be capable of "playing".​

Comment

Working...
                  X