Level & types of career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level & types of career

Out of interest with other players,what preferences do you like to play? Easy level / etc
    I find playing on mobile device it’s quite a lot playing all 3 formats and tend to play normal mode / First class series.

I always play Normal and this year I've only gone with First Class - English County Championship.

I used to enjoy the one day format but since the introduction of The 100 leaves counties gutted of the better players it's taken something away from that, and I really don't enjoy 20 overs. In previous years I'd get disappointed every time it got to the 20 over point of the season so this year I just went without it.

The downside is I have no control on form/fitness during the white ball matches and if someone completes some training while the game skips through weeks I can't reassign them straight away but it's been so much more enjoyable for me to focus on the format I enjoy most and not feel like I have to get through the next 6 matches just to get to the next FC day. I'm over 20 seasons in now and still enjoying it, which is a timeframe I never reached playing multi-format.

Edit: I also don't accept international offers, as unfortunately it means not playing county matches at times.
    Last edited by Chris_; 12-07-2022, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Good stuff chris …
      I am literally going to start a new save as I was currently Leicestershire competing in Odi / first class but 24 matches at least a season is a lot when playing such a game on the go.
      so I am going to delve into a first class save.
      If you wish post some stats pics etc of your save as I’m interested mate.
      cheers

Comment

Same as Chris_ I play as an English County, (think it’s also his county), on Normal, but I play all 4 formats including the ‘100’ as I’m semi-retired and put hundreds of hours into this amazing game.

Just to add that I find the Blast T20 still the hardest to compete in, although made the Semi’s this season! Yes the 50 over is just a ‘run out’ for the youths as all your best players will be contracted into the 100. Strangely I find the 100 easy to win, just won it again this season with my Supercharges so don’t be afraid to have a go…

Although the devs did amazing work creating clearer availability when signing new players, be aware it’s still not 100% accurate and I’ve had players showing full 100% availability upon signing, only to find when entering the next season that is not the case!

Like Chris says avoid International offers as it proves difficult and frustrating trying to balance say England and your county! What I do is play 20 seasons with Yorkshire but record every England result. I then start anew as England and try to better the results and inevitable rankings, it’s brought me immense pleasure.

Good luck as you can’t go wrong just playing the 4 day game (which is currently sublime and better balanced than ever).

Comment

Thanks for the reply Yorkie
          interesting to hear your thoughts …
          all formats ! Wow haha that is a lot of time and effort but we’ll worth it if time is allowed
          literally just started a first class career (normal mode) with Derbyshire so let’s see how it goes !

Comment

Good luck mate…Div 2 Derbyshire on Normal will be a hard nut to crack, they’re not massive on budget either. (£785k if I remember rightly)? Surprisingly on my save they’ve just won the One Day Cup (50overs) so maybe some promising youth talent coming through to keep your eye on?

Comment

Thanks yes it’s a challenge to say the least but will give it a good go definitely a team in need of some good youth coming through to balance with one or two experienced batsmen.
              will be looking to bring in overseas bowler beyers swanepoel to take some quick wickets … he’s superb addition I found on this game.

Comment

Originally posted by giallo View Post
                Thanks yes it’s a challenge to say the least but will give it a good go definitely a team in need of some good youth coming through to balance with one or two experienced batsmen.
                will be looking to bring in overseas bowler beyers swanepoel to take some quick wickets … he’s superb addition I found on this game.
                A shame your playing first class only I've had great results using Swanopoel as an opener in white ball cricket! Don't be scared to use him in the middle order.

Comment

Finally building a decent squad to push for promotion from div 2.
                  its 5th season but with a small budget and a lot of tinkering we’re finally getting there.

Comment

Working...
                  X