World Test Championship Final Tied Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Test Championship Final Tied Scenario

Well I just had a tied finish to the WTC final. It was between Ind and Aus. I was playing as Ind and had finished on top of the league standings before the final. As it was a tied match the championship should have been awarded to both the teams as shared. But in the messages tab I can see that it has been given to me (Ind) being on top of the league standings. If I am not wrong it should be shared in case of a tied or drawn match scenario.

None the less it was so far one of the best matches I have played in this year's Cricket Captain. Was a great come from behind play from my team with the captain J Bumrah picking up the final wicket.
    Attached Files

Either in CC21 or CC20, you could definitely share the title. I can't remember the final standings on the table, so it may have been tied for points too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	79366

Comment

[QUOTE=Wilted;n79365]Either in CC21 or CC20, you could definitely share the title. I can't remember the final standings on the table, so it may have been tied for points too.

Was this a tied or a drawn game?

Comment

[QUOTE=Preed;n79367]
        Originally posted by Wilted View Post
        Either in CC21 or CC20, you could definitely share the title. I can't remember the final standings on the table, so it may have been tied for points too.

Was this a tied or a drawn game?
        It was one of the few tied matches I've ever had in CC, though I believe the result would have been the same in a drawn match too. As far as I can tell, the 21-23 WTC will be shared in real life in a drawn or tied result so unsure why CC is breaking the tie in game. ICC even dropped the RPW ratio for deciding tied placings that was in place in the 19-21 WTC, which would be a fairer tie break than table placement anyway.

Honestly I can't find a whole lot about ties and equal placings for the current series aside from a drawn/tied final will be shared.

Comment

Nothing to do with the WTC but here's another strange tie that was needlessly broken:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	runrate.png
Views:	218
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	79395
          As far as I'm aware, Super Overs are only used in knock out stages of the World Cup and Champions' Trophy, so not sure why it was used in this non-knock out, non-Cup match. Either way, with equal runs scored and equal wickets taken (including the Super Over). Not sure how any result was determined at all by run rate. Only thing that could split the two teams I could find was on the now defunct boundary countback, which India led by two, though that has been scrapped since the World Cup debacle.

Comment

The ability to share the Test Championship winners title in the event of a draw was added into the 2020 version through patch 1.4. No idea why this is not contained in 22? Sureshot may know?

Comment

Working...
            X