Corrupted Save! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted Save! :(

Hi Sureshot, my Durham and England save on my android is not opening.

As soon as I select it, a message come up saying "Cannot open file xxx, Durham.cap"

I am only in game year 2025 and was part way through county championship game in the first quarter of the season.

Is there anything that can be done to retrieve the save?
    Last edited by TJHC; 05-10-2021, 06:27 AM.

Sorry to hear that TJHC

1) Have you used Dropbox?
    2) Has it offered you the option to recover the save?
    3) Did your device run out of battery whilst playing the game?
    4) How much available space do you have on your device right now?

Comment

Hi Sureshot, thanks for getting back, here are my answers:

1) No
      2) No
      3) No
      4) 1.5gb

Comment

TJHC Thanks for the info, I've sent Mike (who created our Android build system) an email asking him for further information.

Right now, I can't see a way of recovering the save. Dropbox offers this quite nicely with version history.

If we can get the save, I'll see if it tells us anything, but there might be issues in uploading the broken save to Dropbox, it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. For this you will need a Dropbox account as that's the only way to get the game off your device.

You'll need to install Dropbox on your device, this is available through the app store. It's free to create a dropbox account. Once you've done that.

Go in to the Game, select Options and then Tick Enable Dropbox. This will take you to the Dropbox authorisation page where you will need to sign in to your dropbox account, allow the game to access your dropbox folder and then copy and paste the authorisation key back in to the game.

Once you've done that, it will say "account successfully linked, would you like to sync now?" Select yes. This should now upload your broken save to dropbox.

if it doesn't, you will need to open up load game menu and hit sync again, if it still doesn't upload the save, I'm not sure we'll be able to get the save off your device.

Now you can open the Dropbox app on your device, go in to Childish Things, then Cricket Captain 2020 and then saves. Press the i underneath the broken save game and select copy link and then send us that link (in a PM on here is fine)

Comment

Hi Sureshot , alas no luck. I could only sync my other game, I couldn't sync the corrupted one.

I'm unable to do anything with it, such as delete it. Any idea where on the Android system the game is saved?

Comment

Originally posted by TJHC View Post
            Hi Sureshot , alas no luck. I could only sync my other game, I couldn't sync the corrupted one.

I'm unable to do anything with it, such as delete it. Any idea where on the Android system the game is saved?
            That's frustrating.

It won't even let you delete it? Weird.

Do you get an error when trying to delete it?

The saves on Android won't be accessible outside of rooting your device, which we can't support or offer advice on.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, I can't get to the delete option for as soon as I select the save the pop up message comes up saying it can't be loaded.

Not to worry, it'll remain there as a reminder of a great aspiring career and have now started again with Durham. Will continue playing until CC21 comes out

I will share some time how I only got the 2025 after a year of playing the game!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJHC View Post
                Hi Sureshot, I can't get to the delete option for as soon as I select the save the pop up message comes up saying it can't be loaded.

Not to worry, it'll remain there as a reminder of a great aspiring career and have now started again with Durham. Will continue playing until CC21 comes out

I will share some time how I only got the 2025 after a year of playing the game!!
                You mentioned you were part way through a match, had you declared during the match?

One other query, can you remember the in-game date?

Comment

TJHC

Had you used any Android or third party options to clear up storage space on your device before the issue with the save happened?

Comment

Hi Sureshot, due to my detailed record keeping of games, I can give you some of that.

I was playing the 6th CC game of the 2025 season. It was Somerset vs Durham and i had saved at the end of the 1st session of day 2 when I was 401 for 5 from 129 overs and I had not declared. I didn't note the exact date but hopefully you might be able to figure it out from that.

I use Norton Clean almost daily as well as the device management app on the Samsung. I have used these many times and hadn't affect CC at all.

Comment

TJHC

Thanks for the information.

Norton in general is not security software company I'm a fan of, though there have been fewer issues with Norton and the game on PC in recent years.

Looking at the app reviews on the Play Store for Norton Clean app, there seem to be several reviews claiming that it cleans the exact same space up every time, which seems...odd.

I would recommend you use Dropbox for Cricket Captain, it will be the only way to transfers saves between devices if you ever change Android device. It works well with the game. I've also used the version history Dropbox function to fix broken saves before, which was useful.

Comment

Great advice, thanks Sureshot. I'll be sure to use it from now on.

Comment

Working...
                        X