No Work On The Biggest and Best League - IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Work On The Biggest and Best League - IPL

It's such a shame that the developers ignore the IPL year after year.
    Few points
    * Jerseys are nowhere near to current ones.
    * Poor player Database.
    * Playing 11 selection not according to real one.
    *Pakistani players in the auction,thats such a joke they
    aren't playing Ipl since 10 years.
    *Auction system way different than the real one, in which the team doesn't really change much in 3 years. Than there is a mega auction.
    *Playing 11 not according to pitch conditions

Still no reply from other members of the forum and Sureshot .
    You can clearly see that it's the best and biggest tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv View Post
      Still no reply from other members of the forum and Sureshot .
      You can clearly see that it's the best and biggest tournament.
      You forgot to mention the word "most scripted"

Comment

Dhruv - glad to see you like the IPL so much!

I have to say I do enjoy playing the IPL but that I get bored of T20s quite easily.

Biggest and best in the world? Certainly the loudest! Also a real hot bed of innovation in the format.

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

You forgot to mention the word "most scripted"
          Wow I just realized that you are such a disgrace to cricket.
          you think that the matches are fixed. LOL.
          There is very high level of competition that such things happen .
          and I definitely think that your from Pakistan or Bangladesh and your jealous of ipl.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
            Dhruv - glad to see you like the IPL so much!

I have to say I do enjoy playing the IPL but that I get bored of T20s quite easily.

Biggest and best in the world? Certainly the loudest! Also a real hot bed of innovation in the format.
            You can also see the watching numbers of ipl and the revenue it generates is simply greater than world cup t20 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv View Post

Wow I just realized that you are such a disgrace to cricket.
              you think that the matches are fixed. LOL.
              There is very high level of competition that such things happen .
              and I definitely think that your from Pakistan or Bangladesh and your jealous of ipl.
              Chill man I was just kidding

Comment

Gentlemen please, no need to argue and certainly no need to bring nationality into this.

Bear in mind the logistics of creating such an auction. As a longer term project maybe, but the current version suffices for now.

The IPL is ok, not special. I'd rather a focus on bringing competitions from all nations in first, rather than amping up one particular tournament. I personally never play IPL because I find it dull to play T20 all the time.
                Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

This may upset some of you out there, but I can`t stand T20 cricket. To me it`s just glorified tippit and run, and is taking away from Test match & 4 day, what cricket is about. By this I mean, playing yourself in and attacking/defending each ball on its merit. I enjoy one day Cricket, and I remember when there were 60 over matches, but as for T20 & the new 100, I`m personally not interested.

Comment

Outside of the game I have a passing interest in T20 and OD matches but a far more intense interest in 4 day and tests.

By this I mean that I will make sure I can listen to and follow a test match whatever else I am doing. I watch if I can but this is seldom possible during the day. I try to follow Glamorgan in the same way although coverage can be patchy.

International OD and T20 cricket I will follow if I can but can take it or leave it. Domestic? Poor coverage doesn’t help and neither do the matches themselves if I’m honest.

I don’t think T20 takes away from test cricket unless teams want it to. T20 is like an espresso, quick, intense and every detail matters. Every ball has to count, innovative way to get runs are actively encouraged and with so few opportunities in a match fielding quality has been pushed up. At it’s best it is brilliant but mostly it is mediocre. One day cricket offers more challenges but is now a more T20 like affair.

Test cricket is by far the ultimate test of skill, temperament and talent. A team can spend two days on the back foot and come back to win, a batsman can battle conditions and bowlers to drag his team back or smash the bowlers to get on the front foot. There is space for the bowler who controls the run rate, the bowler who swings, spins or bounces opponents out in the same match.

Prefer one to the other? Great, but they are now both excellent in their own ways.

Shame about the 100. A bodged fix to avoid making difficult decisions. Or a rival to the IPL?

Comment

I watch and enjoy every format.
                      Each format has it's own thrills.

Comment

They do indeed. Expect you are enjoying the IPL this year, some cracking matches.

Comment

Working...
                        X