White Ball Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Ball Cricket

Anyone else struggling in white ball cricket?

Last year I found these games fine but in the current edition I'm really struggling with both bat and ball!

T20 has been less of an issue but I'm consistently losing 6 or 7 out of my one day cup games each season.

Any tips?

One day cup in England is almost impossible when you lose all your star players to the 100 anyway. This game is harder as the AI is smarted now when chasing, on old version if you scored well in first innings 9/10 times you win.

im no expert as my England team is currently really struggling in ODI and T20 but I think you need to asses what a good score is early and then try not to go too aggressive if a poor pitch, let batsmen settle. Bowling doesn’t seem easy but I try lots of variation and if you have time play ball by ball so you can react to things quicker.

Comment

Facing same problems . Specially bowling seems really difficult in shorter format. Tried various things, just doesn’t work. While batting, I always lose early wickets but then it gets bit easier

Comment

Bowling is definitely harder and the balance of power is more with the batsmen here, so defending can be difficult.

But on the flipside, it's easier to chase down 300+ in 50 overs and 200+ in 20 overs now. You can let the run rate go up to about 12 and still win if you've wickets in hand when previously anything over 7 in 50 overs and anything over 10 in 20 overs was almost undoable.

I've gotten into the last ten overs of a 50 overs a couple of times needing over 100 and got it, which is more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
          Bowling is definitely harder and the balance of power is more with the batsmen here, so defending can be difficult.

But on the flipside, it's easier to chase down 300+ in 50 overs and 200+ in 20 overs now. You can let the run rate go up to about 12 and still win if you've wickets in hand when previously anything over 7 in 50 overs and anything over 10 in 20 overs was almost undoable.

I've gotten into the last ten overs of a 50 overs a couple of times needing over 100 and got it, which is more realistic.
          Agreed, the modern world T20 and OD is a batsmens game and Cricket Captain has only just caught up with that so I think we all have to accept our bowlers are going to go for a lot at times and find other ways to win

Comment

I'm finding both T20 and 50 overs so difficult, lose even to teams like Scotland with Australia, England etc. The other team always seems to get almost 200 batting first in T20 or I bat first and get to like 70 for 1 off 10 only to finish 120 all out. One day my openers always get out early whoever I play for if I have them on 5 aggression bars to start and I score at about 3 an over on 4 aggression bars. Any suggestions on how to do better? I always did quite well on white ball up to this year

Comment

Originally posted by bastie View Post
              I'm finding both T20 and 50 overs so difficult, lose even to teams like Scotland with Australia, England etc. The other team always seems to get almost 200 batting first in T20 or I bat first and get to like 70 for 1 off 10 only to finish 120 all out. One day my openers always get out early whoever I play for if I have them on 5 aggression bars to start and I score at about 3 an over on 4 aggression bars. Any suggestions on how to do better? I always did quite well on white ball up to this year
              Sounds like you are batting too hard in the first 10 overs mate in OD try 3 or 4 bars, get the batsmen settled and then slowly move up through the gears

Comment

Made some progress in t20s finally winning the Vitality Blast. Mostly through keeping a handle on opposition batting and keeping their totals down. Highest score I achieved was 178 I think.

Still hopeless in the One Day Cup though, 8 games, 1 win and 7 losses. Conceded over 300 numerous times and struggled to score over 250, maybe exceeding that twice without getting near 300 myself.

Comment

Working...
                X