Scoring rates in limited overs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring rates in limited overs

Good day everyone. Just played the demo of cc20 and I noticed that scoring rate in last 10-12 overs of an odi is a bit too high. I played as india and we scored 162 in last 12 overs vs sl. Then I played as Aus and we scored 130 in last 10 overs and then I played as SA and we scored 116 in last 10 overs. All these scores are a bit unrealistic specially when they happen every 2nd game
    I think there is a need to re-balance scoring rates specially for average aggresion batesmen. Smith and root scored 162 and 120 at sr of over 130. On average around 80 runs are scored in last 10 overs in real ODIs. So in my opinion scoring rate should be adjusted just like it was adjusted in cc19.
    What do you guys reckon?

I think T20 and OD rates seem more realistic now. Reaching 200 in a T20 is more achievable than in 2019, which feels about right.

Comment

I really don't know how to play ODIs well in CC20. I literally collapse every single game. It's getting frustrating and I don't know what to do. Also, the computer either scores at like 15 an over or 2 an over and collapses. There's no in-between. I also noticed that there's not too many singles in the middle overs. Just 4s and wickets.

Edit: This is an example of a good game that I had. I'm playing in normal btw. The score is completely unrealistic.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Greenlightning003; 06-20-2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlightning003 View Post
        I really don't know how to play ODIs well in CC20. I literally collapse every single game. It's getting frustrating and I don't know what to do. Also, the computer either scores at like 15 an over or 2 an over and collapses. There's no in-between. I also noticed that there's not too many singles in the middle overs. Just 4s and wickets.

Edit: This is an example of a good game that I had. I'm playing in normal btw. The score is completely unrealistic.
        When the target is big ai just goes bang bang and often gets out within 35 overs. AI should be looking to conserve wickets and attack at the back end of the innings like it does when batting 1st

Comment

Maybe teams on the game are more consistent than in real life, but the scores you speak of and last 10 overs are really not unrealistic these days, so I guess it’s more than just a minor challenge to program a game engine that allows those huge scores we see in real life, with records being broken quite regularly, while also mixing in enough lower scoring games

Comment

Originally posted by benj_2904 View Post
            Maybe teams on the game are more consistent than in real life, but the scores you speak of and last 10 overs are really not unrealistic these days, so I guess it’s more than just a minor challenge to program a game engine that allows those huge scores we see in real life, with records being broken quite regularly, while also mixing in enough lower scoring games
            You are probably right

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

When the target is big ai just goes bang bang and often gets out within 35 overs. AI should be looking to conserve wickets and attack at the back end of the innings like it does when batting 1st
              AI batting 2nd chasing big totals is an issue I’d really like to crack. I’ll be working on it this week.

Comment

Working...
              X