Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De Kock was about 20k more than Watling, which would have made one of Vince/Rashid/Dernbach not doable, Watling has currently started the season in fine fettle. Just trying to balance my OD batting order.

Comment

Re-Gen is buggered I'm sorry. No batting talent whatsoever coming through in the youth squads etc. When a team laden with talent cannot chase down 100 runs in the 4th innings....happens too often now....bowled out for less than 200runs in both innings in the County constantly. I play as Surrey.

Comment

HELP!
        I am doing terrible with ICC, I cant seem to win any games often go a season without winning a game, I dont know where I am going wrong,
        was hoping to get some general help and tips.
        cheers lewis

Comment

Well, I've been playing a save as Zimbabwe and am into my second season. It's been OK going...drew the series against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka (1-1) and so-so in the shorter formats. I just auto resolve the T20's as they are infuriating to play...that's a gripe for somewhere else though...

Did have an epic run chase against Sri Lanka when we chased down 491 to win on the back of a Visu Sibanda double century in the first year and then in the next season we had an absorbing 1st Test against Australia. We bowled them out for 188 (Chigumbura took 6) after they had posted 317 after Haddin rescued their innings with 111 in their first dig. We had fallen short with 208 in our first innings with Craig Ervine unbeaten on 87. Despite their dismal second innings there was still 298 to win on a badly deteriorating pitch. Sibanda played another epic knock though this time it was much more slow (68 off over 200 deliveries) but Craig Ervine was the star with 132. The Aussies managed to put on the clamps in the dying stages of the 5th day and even appeared to be saving the Test until Shiringia Masakadza clattered a ball to the boundary in the last over for a famous 3 wicket win.

Zimbabwe seem to be developing a good bowling lineup consisting of Chigumbura, Utseya, Rainsford, Masakadza and now Nathan Waller. Kyle Jarvis has been pushed aside after struggling for form in the Tests. Batting wise its still hit and miss despite the occasional flashes of brilliance. It consists of Mawoyo, Sibanda, Williams (who I am still unsure of and is inconsistant) H Masakadza, Ervine and Taylor. Have utilised Malcom Waller, Zhuwao and the utterly rubbish Mwakayeni (utterly pants!).

Comment

I've returned to a save on last years iPhone version. Playing as my beloved NSW I'm in the 2036\7 season and I now have guys in my team who were 'born' after the game started. I really wished I kept stats on some of these players who've passed through the ranks of my team. I only play Sheffield Shield these days, everything else I simulate.

Comment

The game is amazingly good.. Started the season as India n lost the semifinal of champions trophy against srilanka. After that played thetirangular series with wwi n srl n lost the final against WI....currenly facing Aus on home soil...thanks for such a nice game

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                Great idea for a thread! Kent are a nightmare to control - a couple of injuries and it is virtually impossible to win a single game!

I am in 2017 in my Somerset and England FC only game and I ride high in the rankings with England (1st in tests). I have won the County Championship with Somerset once (in 2016) and been a runner up too (2014). Buttler and Kieswetter bully bowlers from positions 6 and 7, whilst Hildreth, Compton, a regen and Amla (I re-signed him for 2 seasons on the trot) provide solidity at the top.

The test rankings in my game are currently:

1 England
                2 Australia
                3 India
                4 Pakistan
                5 Sri Lanka
                6 South Africa
                7 West Indies

8 New Zealand
                9 Bangladesh
                10 Zimbabwe

India have a couple of great regens, my England team is doing well, and South Africa has fallen from glory to 6th!
                I am agree with your rankings and I want to create my own test rankings after some matches.

Comment

whats the deal with NZ and T20 in this game, I've got them to 1st in ODI and 2nd in Test Rankings so doing well in those forms but I've only won about probably 40% of my T20 matches and dropped to 7th now, Best I've done with them was made it to Semi Final of a T20 WC... what gives...

Comment

Working...
                  X