Low Scoring Games! Admins Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Scoring Games! Admins Please Help

I have read a lot of threads already talking about how difficult it is to score in ODI's and T20's. Even in Tests, the average run rate is around 2.5. I am not here to rant, but to plead the admins to intervene.

I'm in 2024 as India. I have yet to score more than 300 in an ODI game! My highest T20 score is 176! To make sure its not just my fault, i took a look around, so far England has the highest ODI score since 2012 that is 316! The Highest T20 score is 202 by WI. So for 12 seasons, none except England has scored more than 300 runs in an ODI!

Admins, you have to do something about it. Batting is seriously below par in this edition. I am someone who has even played ICC 2001. So I'm not a newbie to the game. Its a very beautiful game and i would love it if the batting can be a bit more realistic.

Even in tests, now the world over, run rates hover between 3 - 3.5 but in this game, its between 2.25 - 2.75. That isnt even close to the real world.

One more thing is the end overs in an ODI or T20. I have never been able to score more than 75 runs in the last 10 overs, even while having 7-8 wickets in hand. Most of the time, i score around 45-50 runs in the last 10, losing about 5 wickets. An average ODI score is around 220 in this game which is also highly unrealistic.

I dont understand why there hasnt been a patch to fix this? I'm not asking to make batting easier, trust me, i love the test matches, 3 of the batsman average 50+ and the other 3 average 45+. But they all have a strike rate in the high 30's to mid 40's. So, I'm just asking to make it more aggressive and therefore more realistic. Good Teams should be scoring 300+ and at least 150+ regularly in T20's.

Please release a patch to fix this!

Given how long the game has been out, and how obvious the problem is, if there hasn't been a patch by now, you won't be getting one.

It will certainly need to be fixed in the next version, though.

Comment

In terms of the ODI scores, I can quite happily say that I'm not experiencing that problem. Since the start of the game, only two sides haven't hit 300; Australia and New Zealand. I hit 270-300 fairly consistently with England, with a highest of 380 against the UAE. I agree test matches can be a bit slow sometimes, but predominately, it's about a run-rate of 3. Whether it varies between peoples games, I couldn't say, but certainly, I'm more than happy with it at the moment.
      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

It varies with different careers. At the moment I'm experiencing problems with low scores in ODIs but in other careers, as you mentioned, most teams are able to surpass scores of 300 at least a few times.

Comment

How far are you into the games?

I found it got worse over time; almost all of the best ODI batsmen in my career were originals, and I'm in 2045.

There's the occasional one who might have an average in the high 30s and a strike rate approaching 80, but the vast majority are below that (and it's even worse if you simulate).
          Last edited by Donners; 02-28-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

With India, it was around 2021 and not very far at all with SA (maybe 2017?). I very rarely simulate matches because the bowlers I want used (specifically part timers) are never used! It may well be the case the SA career has the same problem but one thing's for sure, the next version needs an improvement in this area. Scores of 270+ should be a regular for most subcontinental pitches and for T20s maybe 160/170+ (not to mention the need for MUCH more sixes).

Comment

I'm currently in 2019, still the same problem exists. Although i got to 300 once more in an ODI. Felt like throwing a big party to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by InsideOut View Post
                I'm currently in 2019, still the same problem exists. Although i got to 300 once more in an ODI. Felt like throwing a big party to be honest!
                I've been keeping a tally since this post was started.. I have played 43 ODIs and I have scored over 300 in 13 of them including going over 350 on 2 occasions. This seems about right to me? If anything too many?

Comment

There will always be slight variation in what people experience in their different career modes. I'm discussing this with Chris at the moment, it's not something I've picked up over the last year (and I've probably got more data than most), but we'll have a look in to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X