Retired hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired hurt

Minor quibble really, but I think there are far too many occasions when there is a batsman who gets retired hurt in the game. It wouldn't be so bad if they could return later in the innings but more often than not it tends to result in a three week plus injury! Could this be looked at for the next edition? Otherwise, great game as per usual.

Originally posted by pyjamarama View Post
    Minor quibble really, but I think there are far too many occasions when there is a batsman who gets retired hurt in the game. It wouldn't be so bad if they could return later in the innings but more often than not it tends to result in a three week plus injury! Could this be looked at for the next edition? Otherwise, great game as per usual.

I agree - perhaps sometimes the batsman can return with a handicapped ability later in the innings?

Comment

Agree completely. It happens far too often. Also if a team desperately needs it, the batsman should come out to bat. We all remember what Greame Smith and Anil Kumble did dont we.

Comment

Also Take a good example of today's New Zealand Where Guptal returns from injury and won match
        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Another good addition would be too have specific injuries resulting in for example, an alrounder only being able to bat. I've seen this happen to the likes of Andrew Flintoff and Shane Watson. Also, players often get injured while bowling or fielding irl but in ICC they only get injured while batting..

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
            Another good addition would be too have specific injuries resulting in for example, an alrounder only being able to bat. I've seen this happen to the likes of Andrew Flintoff and Shane Watson. Also, players often get injured while bowling or fielding irl but in ICC they only get injured while batting..
            No, most of the time if you bowl the bowler too much it will say, X has been injured, please select another bowler. But I do agree that if the captain is prepared to possibly further develop the injury the batsman can return with a hampered ability (like Guptill, Smith for example). Also the database should be more specific rather than fracture so that if the batsman returns it can affect what is hampered (eg. running, batting etc.)

Comment

Out of interest guys how often do bowlers actually get injured randomly ... rather than just from being overworked

That's the issue from what I can see

If Bowlers only become injured as a result of overwork (so something we the players actually control) but the batsmen can get hit at any point in a game then this is the problem.

Also I don't remember ever seeing any injuries in either One Day or 20/20 games
              .... that needs to be addressed as well in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                Out of interest guys how often do bowlers actually get injured randomly ... rather than just from being overworked

That's the issue from what I can see

If Bowlers only become injured as a result of overwork (so something we the players actually control) but the batsmen can get hit at any point in a game then this is the problem.

Also I don't remember ever seeing any injuries in either One Day or 20/20 games
                .... that needs to be addressed as well in my opinion.
                KGKOOLKAT777, I've never overworked my bowlers so didn't realise that, but what DVDDD said was basically what I was trying to get at!

Comment

Working...
                X